The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

June Music Mix Exchange- Summer Songs

Cramarossa

In honor of the absolutely gorgeous weather here in sunny California, I thought I'd open up another music exchange. This month's theme: your summertime playlist. Whether it's old favorites or new tunes, we want to hear what you're listening to this summer! Here are the rules if you're new!

• Post in this thread to claim a spot (This is first come, first served with selective entry after 10 people.)
  • Every participant will submit a 30-45 minute playlist to me via PM (Youtube playlist/links to each song preferred, SoundCloud is also accepted.)
  • How many songs you want to include is up to you as long as the aggregate total is 30-45 mins. (Could be twelve 3 minute songs or three 12 minute songs.)
  • Each person who submits a mix will receive one of their own to listen to and review
  • Reviews should follow the basic format of naming the song, posting a youtube link (if one is available) or SoundCloud playlist, rating the song (whatever system works for you), and ending with a few sentences explaining why the assigned song earned the rating it did (i.e. "I didn't care for the vocals. Had a hot beat though. A semi-enjoyable mess.")
  • At the end of the reviewing process, post a guess regarding whose mix you got - I'll PM a personal compliment to those who guess correctly, and plus your post.
  • It is expected that you follow through with a review once receiving your mix. Never good to be that guy who lets everyone down.

I will be checking over each mix for trolls and memes, so no funny business.

Depending upon how quickly spots fill, I'm hoping to have mixes in Friday, 6/9.

1. The poster formerly known as ThrustyPrusty89, @Cramarossa

2. @Zhukini

3. @Twilight Sparkle

4. @Stamkos

5. @S'all Good Man

6. @thejazz97

7. @LilBurrows

Let's do this!

1. Helter Skelter - who doesn't like the beatles. crazy people, that's who. 5/5

2. 1901 - phoenix. after like 3 commercials i finally get to listen to some ****. stupid spotify. the synthesizer had me. good stuff. 4/5

3.  devil in a new dress - kanye ft. like 21 different people - i hate kanye west. i really, really do. i can't stand the constant "uh-huh's". i think he's singing about stars in the sky and being fake and something about tape worms. who cares. i'm a real hit at parties, i swear :x 1/5

4. red hill mining town - u2 - one of my favourite u2 songs. it was a huge influence to what got me off of drugs years ago. then in '09 i picked up smoking to try impress this girl and we hit it off then i got screwed over in the end, and this tune found itself on repeat as i walked that walk of shame back home-- in the summer time. go figure. 5/5

5. you ain't seen nothing yet - BTO - i never cared for bto. this song actually kinda annoys me; one of their most overplayed bits. i would have taken taking care of business. it's gets an extra point for a cowbell, i guess 2/5

6. come a little bit closer - jay and the americans - i remember this tune from when i was a kid, when my mom would listen to 650 cisle on the regular. it's pretty okay for its time. nothing really special, aside from the little nod to richie valens at the end 3/5

7. we're here for a good time - trooper - i like trooper but this is one track has been so overplayed in my lifetime that i'm just sick of it. they have alot of better stuff :x 2/5

8. kites - amber run - this is a pretty standard "listen to as the sun goes down after a live, laugh, love day, where your friends gather together around a bonfire, and theres that one douche who knows a couple of notes on guitar" i don't know. it would definitely be a good tribute song to someone to who lost someone they love, or a pet or something but i don't really think of summer when i first hear this. i'm a real hit at parties x___x 2/5

9. algiers - the afghan whigs - this song reminds me of dying alone in a desert? i guess to play the story of whatever kites was supposed to be? 2/5

10. hotel i really hate this song - the eagles - another one of those tunes that was just so overplayed that i can't stand it. 1/5

this playlist started off very well, but starting off immediately had my expectations very high, and after the kanye bit, i was left disappointed. it just felt like too many genres going at once. it's a rough transition from beatles rock, to more "modern" rock to whatever kanye wants to be, back to classic rock, a bit of oldies to whatever indie rock, back to the eagles. it just wasn't a great mix (no pun intended) that the tunes didn't really flow too well with each other.

@thejazz97 cause the spotify playlist gave it away

i will say, the most surprising tune was 1901. i definitely want to add that to my collection. i really enjoyed that one

overall: 2/5

@Twilight Sparkle gottem.

The Kanye one really only features Rick Ross, and he beats up on himself bit by bit through that whole album.

I kinda get why it doesn't flow, because I think that at the time I made this, I just had a bunch of songs in my head rattling about and I couldn't quite get it to fit in any order.

Thanks!

Archived