The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Canucks being approached about Tanev

53 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

Was really hoping Brisebois, Holm, or Juolevi would get a chance next year but if Alzner comes I doubt that.

3rd pair left side is wide open for whoever grabs it. Alzner or otherwise. 

That said, doubt Alzner comes here regardless. 

55 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

Was really hoping Brisebois, Holm, or Juolevi would get a chance next year but if Alzner comes I doubt that.

yea cause there won't be injuries.... I'm sure any one of our youngins will have the opportunity to play if they seize it in training camp or during the season with solid play in Utica

47 minutes ago, J.R. said:

3rd pair left side is wide open for whoever grabs it. Alzner or otherwise. 

That said, doubt Alzner comes here regardless. 

I wonder how cheaply Emelin would come.  Replace some hitting with a better version of Sbisa.

Dont know that there would be much demand for him from Vegas unless they are willing to eat salary.

He is the type of player that they can hold onto and deal at the deadline for a 2nd or 3rd though.

27 minutes ago, Provost said:

I wonder how cheaply Emelin would come.  Replace some hitting with a better version of Sbisa.

Dont know that there would be much demand for him from Vegas unless they are willing to eat salary.

He is the type of player that they can hold onto and deal at the deadline for a 2nd or 3rd though.

Emelin is a POS cheap shot predatory hitter. I'm hoping Vancouver has moved on from employing those types of players. 

4 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Emelin is a POS cheap shot predatory hitter. I'm hoping Vancouver has moved on from employing those types of players. 

Did he spear you in the groin or something?

Not saying that's the right way to play but we literally have no players that hit...like...none. Edler will throw a few good hits a year but he isn't intimidating anyone. Theoretically Gudbranson should throw some hits, although I didn't see much of that when he was playing last year. That's about it. We are probably the softest team in the NHL and I don't even know if it's close.

So whether it's Emelin or someone else, we need to target a guy with some grit in free agency. 

Emelin is probably worse than Sbisa, modern day Dana Murzyn.  Major pass.  McJesus would just skate circles around that guy.

To me that was the worst move for VGK, like I don't know how McPhee thought Emelin over Hudon was the better choice.  If his ideas was to flip Emelin, I have a feeling he wont get near what he thought he would.

4 hours ago, VIC_CITY said:

Did he spear you in the groin or something?

Not saying that's the right way to play but we literally have no players that hit...like...none. Edler will throw a few good hits a year but he isn't intimidating anyone. Theoretically Gudbranson should throw some hits, although I didn't see much of that when he was playing last year. That's about it. We are probably the softest team in the NHL and I don't even know if it's close.

So whether it's Emelin or someone else, we need to target a guy with some grit in free agency. 

I want as many hits as possible from the blue line. I just don't want any more POS cowards who play dirty and can't back themselves up. 

Not to mention that Emelin refuses to fight under any circumstances, because of a metal plate he has in the head or jaw area (can't remember exactly).  

Not saying, he should fight after every hard hits he makes, but once in a while if you like to dish it out, you need to answer the bell.

Plus a hard hitter is not really what we need at the rebuilding stage we are right now....this type of player would be more useful once we are contenders again.

22 minutes ago, Vanisleryan said:

I should saw a report that says the Leafs offered JVR and a 2018 1st for Travis Hamonic...Id take that for Tanev in a heartbeat.

Don't really want/need JVR. But I'd take Liljegrin and their 18 1st.

8 hours ago, J.R. said:

Why not? I think they'd consider it. Especially if we included say, Subban.

Remember Kapanen and their 1st.  I would do Kapaen an Liljgren in for Tanev in a heart beat, and I assume Jim would to.  I think we have to wait on Tanev movement until Kulikov-Alzner-Stone and the Vegas D are off the table.  Mehot and Harmonic being gone helps.

Archived