The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Red Dead Redemption 2(Ps4/Xbox1) - October 26, 2018(Updated)

Tre Mac

5 minutes ago, Smashian Kassian said:

On second thought I guess its not technically pay to play yet, other than people who bought the most expensive version of the game. And its only a beta so they've also had more time to play. But it feels like its going to be that way.

I'm trying to improve my online stuff so I can play it with friends. But I'm gunna be like you and try to thoroughly beat it offline. Its not a finished product yet for the online. Could improve otherwise ill just have to gut it out at the start

Probably. Don't you need PS+ to play online anyway? And then it's a bunch of microtransactions. I assume it's going to be like GTA5 in that regard..

1 hour ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Probably. Don't you need PS+ to play online anyway? And then it's a bunch of microtransactions. I assume it's going to be like GTA5 in that regard..

I dont know Im on Xbox. They have regular money and then gold in the online and the gold is worth a certain amount so I imagine it will be the gold u can buy to get stuff but thats just my speculation.

It is cool playing with friends, still wish I had a horse that could actually outrun my player though. 

So I survived a grizzly attack(not the quest) a la The Revenant, ended up with giant scar across my face.  I thought it looked cool with my beard and long hair so I went to grab my phone to take a screen shot and while I am unlocking my phone a cougar came out of nowhere and killed me lol.  That's probably a dozen deaths via cougar.

Man, getting money is a grind online. Stranger missions don't pay you enough for the trouble, and there is only limited main missions so far (but at least they pay good).

I found out that the best ways to get money is to farm certain animals. Also with the main missions there are two types you can do, one type with good honour, and one type with bad. So you can do the bad ones first with bad honour, then improve your honour to good and do those missions, so you can double your money.

1 hour ago, Sweathog said:

Man, getting money is a grind online. Stranger missions don't pay you enough for the trouble, and there is only limited main missions so far (but at least they pay good).

I found out that the best ways to get money is to farm certain animals. Also with the main missions there are two types you can do, one type with good honour, and one type with bad. So you can do the bad ones first with bad honour, then improve your honour to good and do those missions, so you can double your money.

People on Facebook complain about how long it takes to make money. And I'm just like, have you nerds tried making money in real life yet?

• Like 1

Kind of wish they didn't add fast travel online.  I think the RDR online will just end up catering to kids like GTA online did, doubt I'll play much.  Besides I don't even have ps+ and haven't been subscribed to that in over a year. 

I play this game so aimlessly, in that I have no game plan on what I am going to accomplish and usually just hunt for an hour and call it a day lol.  I love my white bison hat, despite all the hate it gets lol.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Kind of wish they didn't add fast travel online.  I think the RDR online will just end up catering to kids like GTA online did, doubt I'll play much.  Besides I don't even have ps+ and haven't been subscribed to that in over a year. 

I play this game so aimlessly, in that I have no game plan on what I am going to accomplish and usually just hunt for an hour and call it a day lol.  I love my white bison hat, despite all the hate it gets lol.

Yea, I had a notion of being competitive in online, but honestly I think I'll pass as well. I played multiplayer RDR1 a ton when I was in my early twenties, don't think I have it in me now.

Just gonna spend my downtime smoking cigarettes, skinning gators and looking for small birds haha.

• Upvote 1

I play the series showdown games. They are fun and make pretty good money + XP. Or atleast the same as missions but don't take as long.

I just don't like the most wanted game mode, especially in the large series showdown w/ 32 players. Wish you could have some filter to choose what game u got. Got it 3 times in a row so frustrating on a series thats supposed to be random & different everytime. 

Edited by Smashian Kassian

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2018 at 12:31 AM, Smashian Kassian said:

I dont know Im on Xbox. They have regular money and then gold in the online and the gold is worth a certain amount so I imagine it will be the gold u can buy to get stuff but thats just my speculation.

It is cool playing with friends, still wish I had a horse that could actually outrun my player though. 

Scrawny Nag is no good?

2 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

I don't think I can rob Catfish Jacksons now. 

I went to the house before the mission from Strauss. It was only the boy and he attacked me. I do the mission from Strauss. I return later. It is only the boy and he attacks me on sight.

Glitches be b*tches

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 1:15 PM, Tortorella's Rant said:

I don't think I can rob Catfish Jacksons now. 

I went to the house before the mission from Strauss. It was only the boy and he attacked me. I do the mission from Strauss. I return later. It is only the boy and he attacks me on sight.

I almost did the same, figured he was important so I just ran out to my horse.  However I looked it up online and the quest can still be done.  That encounter  is kind of depressing tbh, you do the boy a favor I guess...  You can even find letters from the mom and antagonize the kid about them, pretty cold lol.

I've come across some cool stuff lately, still only on chapter 3 lol.  First off there is a little settlement by Elysian Pool that has some deformed folk, if you talk to the wrong person the whole town attacks.  There's a house that's been struck by a meteor, you can sell a chunk of the meteor and there's a treasure map in the chimney.  That map led me to Elysian pool, after spending an hour trying to find it I looked it up online, was in the right place but it's bugged for me.  I was in a swamp at night when I saw what looked like two cannibals hauling a dead woman, killed them both.  So many random encounters, sometimes I'll just pick a spot on the other end of the map and auto ride my horse there(easy way to level bonding).  If you beat the NPC that challenges you to race you'll level horse bonding faster as well.

Going to try and finish the story line while I am still on holidays.  My honor is almost max, it's worth it just to buy some of the outfits  in towns(my fav. is the one you get from St. Denis tailor), plus the discount is pretty big. 

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

I almost did the same, figured he was important so I just ran out to my horse.  However I looked it up online and the quest can still be done.  That encounter  is kind of depressing tbh, you do the boy a favor I guess...  You can even find letters from the mom and antagonize the kid about them, pretty cold lol.

I've come across some cool stuff lately, still only on chapter 3 lol.  First off there is a little settlement by Elysian Pool that has some deformed folk, if you talk to the wrong person the whole town attacks.  There's a house that's been struck by a meteor, you can sell a chunk of the meteor and there's a treasure map in the chimney.  That map led me to Elysian pool, after spending an hour trying to find it I looked it up online, was in the right place but it's bugged for me.  I was in a swamp at night when I saw what looked like two cannibals hauling a dead woman, killed them both.  So many random encounters, sometimes I'll just pick a spot on the other end of the map and auto ride my horse there(easy way to level bonding).  If you beat the NPC that challenges you to race you'll level horse bonding faster as well.

Going to try and finish the story line while I am still on holidays.  My honor is almost max, it's worth it just to buy some of the outfits  in towns(my fav. is the one you get from St. Denis tailor), plus the discount is pretty big. 

I think your integrity meter is set at a fixed value until you reach chapter 6. I couldn't get passed a certain point on that until I reached a certain part of the game. Anyway, there's a ton ahead of you yet so that's all I'll say about that. Happy gun slinging! 

• Cheers 1