The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Red Dead Redemption 2(Ps4/Xbox1) - October 26, 2018(Updated)

Tre Mac

Ive never played a Red Dead game but I have to say that looks unreal. I may have to put my pre order in. Are the pre order bonuses worth it if you don't play GTA? Cash bonus for story mode, war hourse etc.

Anybody played the Witcher 3 or star wars battlefront 2? may use one of those to kill time until red dead comes out...or continue with skyrim.

4 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Are the pre order bonuses worth it if you don't play GTA? Cash bonus for story mode, war hourse etc.

To each their own, I am done with GTA but I thought the in-game bonuses warranted the deluxe edition.  

• Cheers 1

7 hours ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

Ive never played a Red Dead game but I have to say that looks unreal. I may have to put my pre order in. Are the pre order bonuses worth it if you don't play GTA? Cash bonus for story mode, war hourse etc.

Anybody played the Witcher 3 or star wars battlefront 2? may use one of those to kill time until red dead comes out...or continue with skyrim.

If you're into skyrim, you should love the Witcher 3.  Complete package of what I want in a RPG and the graphics are stunning still.

• Cheers 2

Pre Ordered! Haven't been this excited for a game since the first one. I remember being pretty elite, doubt I'll get that good this go around. 

Just realized I'm actually screwed because I only have satellite internet and like 100mbs wifi. I love where I live, but this aspect sucks. Anyone have any ideas?

Edited by Western Red

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/17/2018 at 11:57 AM, bishopshodan said:

^^^^

Me too. Been waiting for a game to force me to finally upgrade to a PS4 and this is it!

The first one was great.So much fun with a great open world feel, I could kill hours just farting around. I did the zombie mod ( undead nightmare) too, once I finished the original story. ::D

Witcher 3 (the 1st and only game in the series I've played), a desire to play a next gen Madden game, and a wheelbarrow of why the hell not is what forced my hand. I've still only played 3 games on it.

On 8/20/2018 at 10:42 AM, I.Am.Ironman said:

I'm not the type to care for pre-order bonuses, but I'm not a collector of special cases, nor do I care about getting this gun or that horse in advance and I won't buy them later is they can't be unlocked through campaign gameplay. 

I have played Witcher 3, and in my opinion it is &^@#ing awesome. Not perfect, but awesome. I've played it through 2 and a half times. Like Heff said, if you like Skyrim (and I'll add Oblivion cause part of me liked that version better) you'll really like Witcher 3. 

On 8/20/2018 at 6:40 PM, Western Red said:

Pre Ordered! Haven't been this excited for a game since the first one. I remember being pretty elite, doubt I'll get that good this go around. 

Just realized I'm actually screwed because I only have satellite internet and like 100mbs wifi. I love where I live, but this aspect sucks. Anyone have any ideas?

That should really only matter if you want to play online (which it sounds like you do). I get that that aspect of the game is enjoyable in a way, but I'm a guy who sees way more value in the single player campaign and places more of a novelty rating on online play.  

Unfortunately, that does not help your predicament. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 8:38 PM, Green Building said:

So... anyone else surprised that no-one is playing it and bragging about how awesome it is? 

Why is this leaked or something?

22 more days!

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Buy ps4 pro just for this game or wait for PC version?

There won't be a pc version.

Hell if you're going to buy a PS4 think about getting the new spider-man game, the last of us 2, or bloodborne too.

Edited by Baer.

4 minutes ago, Baer. said:

There won't be a pc version.

Hell if you're going to buy a PS4 think about getting the new spider-man game, the last of us 2, or bloodborne too.

There will be, it will just take a while.  Rockstar usually takes about 6 months before a port.

So what happens if you preorder a game on PS4 and decide you want a Ps4 pro?  I assume the digital titles carry over, hopefully lol.  And yeah this game will be ported for PC at some point.  I bought GTA5 three times lol(ps3, ps4, pc - not all at full price).

• 2 weeks later...