The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Red Dead Redemption 2(Ps4/Xbox1) - October 26, 2018(Updated)

Tre Mac

On 2018-10-05 at 7:19 AM, Tre Mac said:

So what happens if you preorder a game on PS4 and decide you want a Ps4 pro?  I assume the digital titles carry over, hopefully lol.  And yeah this game will be ported for PC at some point.  I bought GTA5 three times lol(ps3, ps4, pc - not all at full price).

I would think the pro version is just a graphics download im sure its been optimized for the pro and downgraded for the standard version.

5 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

What is this game going for. $100? $120? Depending on edition? EB Games had them listed at these prices yesterday but didn't show what the difference was. I was thinking about buying online, but I've done that before and I'm not the biggest fan of not having a physical copy of the game.

There's a bit of info on the second page of this thread.  I bought the deluxe edition online as soon as it was available.  It comes with all sorts of goodies both online/offline, I thought it was worth it.  Games of this magnitude only come around every 3-5years so I don't mind forking over some extra cash.

9 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

What is this game going for. $100? $120? Depending on edition? EB Games had them listed at these prices yesterday but didn't show what the difference was. I was thinking about buying online, but I've done that before and I'm not the biggest fan of not having a physical copy of the game.

Nutty part is one of the special editions doesnt even come with a game

1 hour ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

yeah; it's getting absolutely ridiculous. I thought Skyrim for $80 in 2011 was bull$&!#.

Give it about another decade and some of these games are going to start totaling a car payment.

Juggernog was about 300

I have a couple i paid a sixth of the price of new

Edited by Violator

12 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

$79.99, just like almost every other new game

2 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

yeah; it's getting absolutely ridiculous. I thought Skyrim for $80 in 2011 was bull$&!#.

Give it about another decade and some of these games are going to start totaling a car payment.

dude, how old are you? games were MORE expensive back when i was a kid in the 90s, and yet were created with a fraction of the development cost and offered a fraction of the playing time.

12bdc81915312b598e0c5ce262a40ebc.jpg

8 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

How are they preventing people from playing it if it is already downloaded?

You can pre-load it, it'll just be locked with a timer saying when you can play.  At 92gigs, it's going to take awhile to download so might as well get it done now.

7 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Stupid question maybe. If I want to buy the physical copy, do I have to wait until the 26th to do so, or are stores already selling it, but it is "locked down" and unplayable until the 26th? I remember with Skyrim I had to wait until release date to buy the physical copy.

Doubt it, last game I bought in person was GTA V and I had to wait for the midnight release.  Even if you bought the physical copy it's going to have to install a hefty portion in your HD. 

53 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

You can pre-load it, it'll just be locked with a timer saying when you can play.  At 92gigs, it's going to take awhile to download so might as well get it done now.

Doubt it, last game I bought in person was GTA V and I had to wait for the midnight release.  Even if you bought the physical copy it's going to have to install a hefty portion in your HD. 

Ya I pre ordered the physical game this time round and the only thing they are doing is releasing it around 8/9 on the 25th instead of midnight

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

yeah..

They had the box on the shelf at EB Games. I wasn't sure if you could purchase it then; didn't inquire. I don't wanna get stuck at the midnight release with 400 pinheads. I have a gift card there so I want to get the physical copy. Guess I'll go first thing in the morning.. I did that with Skyrim and was crapping a brick for the whole hour I got there before opening thinking they were possibly sold out. I was first in line and they had many dozens of copies.. :lol: