The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Red Dead Redemption 2(Ps4/Xbox1) - October 26, 2018(Updated)

Tre Mac

19 hours ago, Zhukini said:

Ya I pre ordered the physical game this time round and the only thing they are doing is releasing it around 8/9 on the 25th instead of midnight

I see that's when the digital version goes live as well.  Might have to book Friday off lol. 

I ordered the physical game as well just a while ago. The base game. I looked at the features you have to pay for in the special edition and those are things they could've easily included in the base game lol. It's just another tactic to generate revenue and all the power to them because evidently it works. But I didn't see the justification in spending an extra $20 and tax for minimal features. The base already cost me $90.

Edited by Tortorella's Rant

9 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

I'll boycott this thread for the next several weeks

Adios 

95GB file estimated at 70 minutes. At work, our network and servers would transfer this data in about 10 minutes.

Dude, the telus speed at my cabin is 100kbs. I have sat internet too though, so in theory I could ethernet it to the ps4 and get it that way (1/3 of the 300GB plan), but otherwise, I wont be playing it for a week yet. I'm expecting mine in the mail today. I'll be playing vicariously through you all until I get it installed. Wow. 95GB.

Edited by Western Red

Hard to post from my ps4 but this game is a must have.  The map must be massive.  Guess I'll have to get PS+ to try online later but I can tell already I'll suck at it lol.  Gotta work on my shooting first.

On ‎2018‎-‎01‎-‎10 at 10:14 AM, Tre Mac said:

This is the only game I am looking forward to.  I didn't buy NHL this year, and I have been playing Skyrim Legend Edition whenever I do fire up the ps4.  Maybe I am getting older but there really isn't a lot of games I am interested in except for GTA/RDR, Elder Scrolls, and football/hockey.  Maybe it has to do with the fact games are $80 now and most have micro transactions in them to milk us out of even more coin. 

Same, I still buy a lot of games but am not into very many of them.  (NHL 19 is way better than 18, IMO)  

4 hours ago, Violator said:

Gonna have to buy a one x to get the best experience for this game.

Got the X.  Is this game a 10/10 like IGN gave it? 

7 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Surprised this thread isn't very active.  I tell you the world they made is breathtaking, it makes you want to explore as oppose to doing the missions. 

I think we are too busy getting lost in the game. I’m just having a blast hunting bucks and rabbits while putting all my money into the camp with upgrades and just doing my first bounty mission. Just putting the game into auto pilot (cinematic mode) and enjoy the ride to the next destination. This game will definitely tie me over until the online features comes out next month. Always can count on Rockstar to push Video Games to the next level. Well done, what  little social life that I have is now gone. 

18 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

Just putting the game into auto pilot (cinematic mode) and enjoy the ride to the next destination.

I died so many times doing this lol.  Last night I was checking in on some football scores while doing this and I heard a bunch of shots, by the time I switched back it was too late.  I also was riding on a trail when my horse went flipped over and some dude shot me, I must've ran him over lol.  

Apparently if you shoot a NPC in a leg, he may return with a prosthetic leg, or if you leave a corpse on a road it'll turn to bones.  Next level realism, as good as this game is it makes me think about the next GTA game...