The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Red Dead Redemption 2(Ps4/Xbox1) - October 26, 2018(Updated)

Tre Mac

This game is unbelievable! I'm going to take it slow and not play all my spare time away, but it's very hard. 

My fight with the Legendary Grizzly was... nuts!! I only brought a revolver because I saw the older fellow with me had the scoped rifle. I thought he'd be the one taking the shot.. anyway, without spoilers, I ended up with empty chambers and with the grizz on top of me.. Knifed him twice and to my utter amazement, survived. Never had such an intense video gaming experience. 

• Cheers 1

I've spent the first 8 hours or so hunting and collecting supplies and exploring the wilderness around camp. Visited Valentine. Robbed someone of the gold he was mining down by the river. I also looted a corpse found alongside the road, but I was spotted and had to deal with the witness, but then a witness witnessed that, and had to deal with that witness too. But then that was also witnessed. So I had to murder three civilians all because I was observed looting a body which I wasn't responsible for.

And unfortunately didn't have a lock pick for a strong box I found and not sure where to get one. 

Only played for 20min yesterday(dam Nucks/Pats on tv) but did the mission that unlocks poker and played for a bit.  Too bad you only buy in for $5 because I was making some coin in the little time I played.  I was heading back to camp when I decided to pick up a deer and came across an explorer that gave me a treasure map.  that'll be the first thing I do when I get home tonight. 

This game will have some serious replay-ability.  So far I've been Mr.Niceguy but I look forward to starting again and making a fat ass villain lol.  Right now my honor is pretty high and I am enjoying some discounts at the shops. 

Alright, I have a few questions regarding this game as it looks absolutely amazing!

1.  Compared to the last Grand Theft Auto, is it a funner game to play?

2.  Is it worth buying a PS4 just for the game?

3.  Is it true that the horses nuts shrink in cold weather?

So I'm guessing none of you pre-ordered from Amazon and went through B&M stores like EB Games and Best Buy? Because those who preordered at E3 promos last year and the year before from Amazon are getting completely screwed over by the trillion dollar company we like to call Amazon.

Digital downloads are the way to go for me, game was installed and ready to play the minute it launched.

Got sidetracked and decided to go exploring.  Went as far west as I could go, found a little town called Strawberry and took a bath there lol.  Was getting late so I went to set up camp but overheard someone, after a little exploring I found a hunter getting killed by a grizzly, I was able to kill the grizzly.  Currently camped in the mountains by a lake that's home to a legendary fish. 

Anyone buy any of the camp upgrades?  I am saving for fast travel first, bought Dutch's tent upgrades and need about $100 more bucks for fast travel.

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

Digital downloads are the way to go for me, game was installed and ready to play the minute it launched.

Got sidetracked and decided to go exploring.  Went as far west as I could go, found a little town called Strawberry and took a bath there lol.  Was getting late so I went to set up camp but overheard someone, after a little exploring I found a hunter getting killed by a grizzly, I was able to kill the grizzly.  Currently camped in the mountains by a lake that's home to a legendary fish. 

Anyone buy any of the camp upgrades?  I am saving for fast travel first, bought Dutch's tent upgrades and need about $100 more bucks for fast travel.

That’s what I’m saving up for, is the upgraded tent with the map. Just curious as you have unlocked the poker game, which town has it? Also any idea where I can get the fishing rod?

This game is amazing. Although one thing has lead to another. I went into the sheriffs office to visit the bounty I recently captured, however when I stood by his cell the deputy got upset at me and then I all of a sudden was wanted $10 for checking in with my old buddy. I ran away out of the town into the hills but one of the police caught up to me and confronted me so I didn’t want to kill him, so I pushed him. Well he rolled off the hillside and died and now my wanted level has gone up to $45. That tent upgrade will have to wait as I need to pay off my bounty before I can step back into Valentine. 

37 minutes ago, EP Phone Home said:

That’s what I’m saving up for, is the upgraded tent with the map. Just curious as you have unlocked the poker game, which town has it? Also any idea where I can get the fishing rod?

This game is amazing. Although one thing has lead to another. I went into the sheriffs office to visit the bounty I recently captured, however when I stood by his cell the deputy got upset at me and then I all of a sudden was wanted $10 for checking in with my old buddy. I ran away out of the town into the hills but one of the police caught up to me and confronted me so I didn’t want to kill him, so I pushed him. Well he rolled off the hillside and died and now my wanted level has gone up to $45. That tent upgrade will have to wait as I need to pay off my bounty before I can step back into Valentine. 

One of the saloons in Valentine has poker, you can also play it at the camp(though only that Reverend would play with me.)  $1 buy-in at camp, $5 buy-in at Valentine.  I believe if you hover over the saloons on the map it'll tell you what gambling can be done there.  Still no idea where to get a fishing rod, maybe I'll try tonight but I won't have much time to play.

20 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

One of the saloons in Valentine has poker, you can also play it at the camp(though only that Reverend would play with me.)  $1 buy-in at camp, $5 buy-in at Valentine.  I believe if you hover over the saloons on the map it'll tell you what gambling can be done there.  Still no idea where to get a fishing rod, maybe I'll try tonight but I won't have much time to play.

Thanks man, I appreciate it. I will do the quest that unlocks the poker game. I as well don’t have a lot of time today as I will be going to the game after work. 

7 hours ago, Apple Juice said:

So I'm guessing none of you pre-ordered from Amazon and went through B&M stores like EB Games and Best Buy? Because those who preordered at E3 promos last year and the year before from Amazon are getting completely screwed over by the trillion dollar company we like to call Amazon.

I avoid doing business with them if possible. I bought some stuff at work last week - went through the local provider and paid a few extra bucks per item instead of doing it through them. 

2 hours ago, Zhukini said:

Horse died for the first time last night and it sucked

Yup it happened to me as well. So tragic not being able to revive it so I had to end good ol “I’ll have another” life. Had to carry off the Sattle and walk all the way to a ranch where I stole a horse. Now I’ve built up a good relationship with it and I always carry a horse reviver with me at all times. Don’t want to go through that again.

While on the subject of horses, has anyone taken a horse of a recently deceased and try and sell it at a stable? I was wondering if it works in making some quick coin or if the stable knows the horse isn’t yours and reports you.

I haven’t tried it yet but I’ll give it a go on my next time playing.

I tamed a wild Mustang once I was finally able to get to it lol.  That was pretty sweet.  I like the bond system they've created for you and your horse.

Also the Bounty system with the not so easy shooting mechanics is a PITA. Shaking the law off you is actually a challenge which is kind of fun.  Also couldnt do a certain side quest because of bounty- Rockstar has added some some real consequences to being unlawful.

10 hours ago, Apple Juice said:

Its because of the cost they shipped all of the $80 dollar coppies not the $60 copies.its available on amazon.ca now.

Think im gonna wait till christmas to buy this game for $60

Edited by Violator

6 minutes ago, Violator said:

Its because of the cost they shipped all of the $80 dollar coppies not the $60 copies.its available on amazon.ca now.

Think im gonna wait till christmas to buy this game for $60

No I understand that. It's just shady business practice and loads of people have already submitted complaints to the Competition Bureau who are investigating at the moment. Although seems like now that they have "stock" so are slowly but surely shipping them out one by one

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, SILLY GOOSE said:

Also the Bounty system with the not so easy shooting mechanics is a PITA. Shaking the law off you is actually a challenge which is kind of fun.  Also couldnt do a certain side quest because of bounty- Rockstar has added some some real consequences to being unlawful.

No doubt, I helped some guy getting attacked by a gang.  After killing all three gang members I went to talk to the guy I saved and somehow accidently shot and killed him.

2 hours ago, EP Phone Home said:

While on the subject of horses, has anyone taken a horse of a recently deceased and try and sell it at a stable? I was wondering if it works in making some quick coin or if the stable knows the horse isn’t yours and reports you.

I haven’t tried it yet but I’ll give it a go on my next time playing.

Don't know, I know you lose honor for looting bodies even if you didn't kill them.

18 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

No doubt, I helped some guy getting attacked by a gang.  After killing all three gang members I went to talk to the guy I saved and somehow accidently shot and killed him.

Don't know, I know you lose honor for looting bodies even if you didn't kill them.

I’m going to wear my mask next time when looting/robbing someone and see if the honor still drops if my face is covered.