The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Red Dead Redemption 2(Ps4/Xbox1) - October 26, 2018(Updated)

Tre Mac

On 11/8/2018 at 1:57 PM, Tre Mac said:

Since I am still on Chapter 2, lol, I decided to save my game and try that gold bar glitch.  It still works, so I made another save.  I re-loaded my original game so I'll finish that without the glitch and when I am done I am going to load that glitch file and be the biggest villain lol, pay off bounties like a boss.

Also seeing how long of a beard you can grow.  You need to buy hair tonic from the general store when it prompts you that your hair will no longer grow. 

That must be after the train heist with Marston and Charles. That's on my docket next..

I guess this might be obvious to most of you but you can use eagle eye to highlight lootable/important items to pick up.  For example there's a ghost town west of your camp, walk into the sheriffs office and use eagle eye, you'll see a loot box flashing under a bench.  It'll have a gold bar, you can use the gold bar glitch to get unlimited gold bars - it's all over the internet.  But that's an example of using eagle eye to loot.

20 hours ago, Zhukini said:

I guess a few of you have probably run into in, but I thought the stranger mission with the circus animals was absolutely hilarious

I did one with two circus freaks,  Licking Paint or something is the mission.  I found it disturbing lol, don't like circus freaks, they scare the bejeasus out of me.

15 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

That must be after the train heist with Marston and Charles. That's on my docket next..

Before,  I just got the mission from John to hijack wagons, probably the first part of the train heist.  I haven't done much of the story lately but I want to unlock fishing so I think I need to finish chapter 2 in order to unlock it.

1 hour ago, Tre Mac said:

I guess this might be obvious to most of you but you can use eagle eye to highlight lootable/important items to pick up.  For example there's a ghost town west of your camp, walk into the sheriffs office and use eagle eye, you'll see a loot box flashing under a bench.  It'll have a gold bar, you can use the gold bar glitch to get unlimited gold bars - it's all over the internet.  But that's an example of using eagle eye to loot.

I did one with two circus freaks,  Licking Paint or something is the mission.  I found it disturbing lol, don't like circus freaks, they scare the bejeasus out of me.

Before,  I just got the mission from John to hijack wagons, probably the first part of the train heist.  I haven't done much of the story lately but I want to unlock fishing so I think I need to finish chapter 2 in order to unlock it.

I unlocked it already. There's a quest for Abigail and she asks you to watch the little boy for a bit, Jack is his name? You guys go fishing. You may have to hijack the wagon and deliver it to the drop off point first to activate that quest

• Thanks 1

I was finally able to finish the sharpshooter 8 challenge. Took me a while to accomplish. You have to disarm three enemies without reloading or switching weapons. I found it so difficult I had to look up a way on YouTube. The first couple of videos I saw didn't work, and I finally found a video that showed me a way how to do it.

^ Are those the KKK clansman?  I came across 8 of them having a meeting so I tried out my dynamite and popped the rest, one guy tackle me from behind but he was no match.  "I'll kill all you hooded bastards"

I then set up camp and a dude comes out of nowhere to sit down, then his buddy points a gun at my head saying not to camp here anymore.  Naturally I killed them both when they rode away, Murphee Broods? maybe another gang? "I'll camp wherever I want."

My only gripe with this game is if you accidentally bump a guy with your horse the whole town starts shooting at you even if you don't pull your gun. They killed my $950 horse I had to go spend all my money to get another

• Upvote 2

On 11/24/2018 at 10:07 AM, Baer. said:

My only gripe with this game is if you accidentally bump a guy with your horse the whole town starts shooting at you even if you don't pull your gun. They killed my $950 horse I had to go spend all my money to get another

Save frequently in this game. Particularly if it is your first play through. It will save you a big headache for things like this. Especially if you wanna get 100% gold in the missions. Trying to redo some of these with the bare minimum that they provide you with in replays is very difficult.. 

1 hour ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Save frequently in this game. Particularly if it is your first play through. It will save you a big headache for things like this. Especially if you wanna get 100% gold in the missions. Trying to redo some of these with the bare minimum that they provide you with in replays is very difficult.. 

I don't really care about the medals I didn't even notice them until half way thru the game.

14 hours ago, Baer. said:

I don't really care about the medals I didn't even notice them until half way thru the game.

Even then. To avoid what you mentioned - frequent hard saves would ensure a fallback point ... Someone in Valentine thought I was following them and unloaded on me so I killed them in self defense. I was only a few hours into the game and couldn't afford a $200 bounty :lol:

Edited by Tortorella's Rant

On ‎11‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 2:28 PM, Zhukini said:

Online Beta starts tomorrow for those who got the ultimate version and pretty shortly after for those who played the game on opening day or close to.

Haven’t used online in a long long while but I’ll get it to try this out 

I'll get wrecked lol.  Without dead eye I wouldn't get far in this game, my shooting skills are non-existent. 

22 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

I'll get wrecked lol.  Without dead eye I wouldn't get far in this game, my shooting skills are non-existent. 

I almost find it harder to aim with dead eye because the sensitivity is so low. Takes 3 seconds to aim from one guy to another

♪ Well I Am a lonesome Cowboy, I am a lonesome Cowboy ♪ 

4 hours ago, Baer. said:

I almost find it harder to aim with dead eye because the sensitivity is so low. Takes 3 seconds to aim from one guy to another

True but I need those 3 seconds lol.

I love this game. The story is amazing. I loved the first one and this one is like the first one on steriods.

Only problem is the online sucks. Or atleast its very frustrating. 100% pay to play. I can't do the missions and compete with other posses trying to jack the mission because I didn't spend my savings on the game. My horse has a heart attack every 5 feet then the person catches up and kills me. Or I try to shoot at them with my garbage repeater carbine, 4 shots later they are still standing and then they one shot kill. Only way I have a chance is if I manage to get a quick headshot. I do get it sometimes but its hard from longer distance with that gun. 

And you make so little money + XP as it is, so its so hard to upgrade stuff to be able to compete. Atleast the first one it wasn't this pay to play, you could actually run around and you'd have the same opportunity to level up and get good stuff as everyone else. 

Pay to play sucks. Hate how all games are like that. Either pay up or dedicate all your free time to playing or its not even worth playing online alot of the time. NBA 2K, HUT, exc. is like that too.

Edited by Smashian Kassian

On 11/24/2018 at 10:07 AM, Baer. said:

Get the legendary horse. Its by Lake Isabella. Take the road that's on the south side of the lake, its completely white. And don't spook it from what I understand you won't be able to get it again if you lose it. Its great though you just go lasso it and jump on. No spending necessary. 

I got it right away when I started playing, my buddy told me about it, and the horse is amazing. Elite class. Its fast and can run forever. 

Edited by Smashian Kassian

Wow, so I think I just learned if you want all gold medals for the trophy, you might as well start a new game if you didn't get them on the first play through. To get the gold medal for any mission you need 100% on a single play through; you can't just part it out and say - half the objectives here, half the objectives on the second attempt. And when you replay a mission, they give you next to nothing to accomplish it - no dead eye supplies, stock weapons, stock attributes, you are effectively your character from the first chapter. Good luck trying to head shot 5 mounted law men and achieve 70% accuracy with zero dead eye.

3 hours ago, Smashian Kassian said:

I love this game. The story is amazing. I loved the first one and this one is like the first one on steriods.

Only problem is the online sucks. Or atleast its very frustrating. 100% pay to play. I can't do the missions and compete with other posses trying to jack the mission because I didn't spend my savings on the game. My horse has a heart attack every 5 feet then the person catches up and kills me. Or I try to shoot at them with my garbage repeater carbine, 4 shots later they are still standing and then they one shot kill. Only way I have a chance is if I manage to get a quick headshot. I do get it sometimes but its hard from longer distance with that gun. 

And you make so little money + XP as it is, so its so hard to upgrade stuff to be able to compete. Atleast the first one it wasn't this pay to play, you could actually run around and you'd have the same opportunity to level up and get good stuff as everyone else. 

Pay to play sucks. Hate how all games are like that. Either pay up or dedicate all your free time to playing or its not even worth playing online alot of the time. NBA 2K, HUT, exc. is like that too.

Maybe I won't worry about the online so much and 100% game completion then for the platinum trophy as that is initially my goal for all games. I don't want to do pay for play. Also, in my previous post, it is next to impossible to do some of the missions by using the replay option. You have to hard save and then do it and achieve 100% when you have all your attributes, weapons, and dead eye items. very very difficult. 

I only just found out you need 100% on a single play through of a mission for gold. So I wasted some time tonight replaying missions for gold when I absolutely know there are some I can't get when equipped with the absolute bare minimum equipment, etc.

Platinum trophy in Rockstar games seems almost impossible. GTA5 is still at .1% last I saw it..

3 minutes ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

Maybe I won't worry about the online so much and 100% game completion then for the platinum trophy as that is initially my goal for all games. I don't want to do pay for play. Also, in my previous post, it is next to impossible to do some of the missions by using the replay option. You have to hard save and then do it and achieve 100% when you have all your attributes, weapons, and dead eye items. very very difficult. 

I only just found out you need 100% on a single play through of a mission for gold. So I wasted some time tonight replaying missions for gold when I absolutely know there are some I can't get when equipped with the absolute bare minimum equipment, etc.

Platinum trophy in Rockstar games seems almost impossible. GTA5 is still at .1% last I saw it..

On second thought I guess its not technically pay to play yet, other than people who bought the most expensive version of the game. And its only a beta so they've also had more time to play. But it feels like its going to be that way.

I'm trying to improve my online stuff so I can play it with friends. But I'm gunna be like you and try to thoroughly beat it offline. Its not a finished product yet for the online. Could improve otherwise ill just have to gut it out at the start