The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Red Dead Redemption 2(Ps4/Xbox1) - October 26, 2018(Updated)

Tre Mac

40 minutes ago, diesel_3 said:

That sounds really cool!

Are they developing any online multiplayer content where you can join other players in a posse? 

I think online is still in Beta mode, but whatever progress you make will be carried over.  I haven't tried it yet though, I don't do online anymore and haven't paid for ps+ in two years.   

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Got this game around christmas and finally just beat it. Took my sweet, sweet time trying to do as much as I could. Had the end spoiled somewhere along the way, but still felt tremendous emptiness by the end - felt like I had just completed a great tv series or novel or something 

For my money, the game is a masterpiece of the medium, and I really don't know how I could go back to playing a "normal" game right now. With that said, I do think there were a few things I would change - a few things felt a bit anticlimactic, a few things were just too on-the-nose with references or messages. But overall, easy 10/10

• Cheers 1

10 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

Got this game around christmas and finally just beat it. Took my sweet, sweet time trying to do as much as I could. Had the end spoiled somewhere along the way, but still felt tremendous emptiness by the end - felt like I had just completed a great tv series or novel or something 

For my money, the game is a masterpiece of the medium, and I really don't know how I could go back to playing a "normal" game right now. With that said, I do think there were a few things I would change - a few things felt a bit anticlimactic, a few things were just too on-the-nose with references or messages. But overall, easy 10/10

My biggest beef with the game is needing a perfect run to achieve gold medal status for a mission. This makes most missions real difficult. Unlike GTA where I did accomplish this you cannot do some objectives one run, some objectives the second run and then get the gold medal. They've made 100% completion nearly impossible. A lot of other users feel the same. The games I really like I really like to play the crap out of them and this kind of takes away from that.

Weapons modifications felt lack luster. But the game is supposed to be realistic unlike Fallout so maybe that's why I feel that way. 

Accumulating wealth. Obviously it doesn't matter since you die but it is similar to GTA5 where once you start building up "a lot of money", there's not a lot to spend it on.

Those are pretty trivial things .. all things considered with this game and how big and crazy it is. 

3 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

My biggest beef with the game is needing a perfect run to achieve gold medal status for a mission. This makes most missions real difficult. Unlike GTA where I did accomplish this you cannot do some objectives one run, some objectives the second run and then get the gold medal. They've made 100% completion nearly impossible. A lot of other users feel the same. The games I really like I really like to play the crap out of them and this kind of takes away from that.

Weapons modifications felt lack luster. But the game is supposed to be realistic unlike Fallout so maybe that's why I feel that way. 

Accumulating wealth. Obviously it doesn't matter since you die but it is similar to GTA5 where once you start building up "a lot of money", there's not a lot to spend it on.

Those are pretty trivial things .. all things considered with this game and how big and crazy it is. 

yeah i agree, after i started getting a lot of money i literally spent it on nothing. i never even had to buy ammo, rarely bought food. rarely went shopping ever, because you could always find that stuff in various camps and on corpses

also agree regarding the weapons. i felt like i used the same gun for 90% of the game. i'm not really sure how they could have fixed this while staying 'realistic' but yeah, it's something i noticed too

My only beef was the bounty system, never got how sometimes you got in trouble and sometimes you didn't.  Also getting a bounty for being the victim sucked at times lol.  That and not being able to explore the whole map as you know who.  

20 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

My only beef was the bounty system, never got how sometimes you got in trouble and sometimes you didn't.  Also getting a bounty for being the victim sucked at times lol.  That and not being able to explore the whole map as you know who.  

That too. There's a "work around" where you can go to NA as Arthur which I will try on my second playthrough. Some of the clothing items you can't make unless you hunt the animals there. So you can as John but the game is largely over at that point. R* did this with GTA5  with the big mission at the end when you make like, a couple million dollars or whatever. The game is over aside from little side missions so all of the cool $&!# you can buy really has no purpose.

Edited by Tortorella's Rant

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 5/13/2019 at 9:47 AM, Tortorella's Rant said:

yup. I did that before every 'big' mission, and food, and a few shots of whiskey, because with this kind of lifestyle you never know if it is your last day alive. 

Yeah i lost around $500 because of ambushes and possys.luckily i keep finding gold bars and jewellery bags.