The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 18 Thread

MusclePharm

1 hour ago, NuckForReal!!! said:

He hit 89 overall in start of year 3 for me

Same here. Went from 70-86-89. Petterson was 68-84-89

Landeskog asked for a trade from COL after they shipped Duchene to SJ, he was 78 overall and had the same value as my 18th overall pick at the 18' draft, so I pulled the trigger. He came to camp a 89, and has almost full trade value (WTF?) that turned out to be a steal.

Baertschi is really good for me, he's 86 now and is 60+ points every year playing 2nd line. 

8 minutes ago, VanIslander89 said:

Landeskog asked for a trade from COL after they shipped Duchene to SJ, he was 78 overall and had the same value as my 18th overall pick at the 18' draft, so I pulled the trigger. He came to camp a 89, and has almost full trade value (WTF?) that turned out to be a steal.

Same thing happened for me and Matthews. I gave up Nolan Patrick (84 overall) to trade for him straight across. Not sure why he was so pissed off in Toronto but he was.

So after 10 days and figuring out how to chop the puck, i just wanted to say that i think this game is actually really good. The AI is phenomenal (at least much better than before), and i feel like to score you actually need to have hockey Iq, or be very relentless, take good shots with good screens, cycle etc....

its the first time since 2006 that ive had trouvle scoring and winning on superstar difficulty. Just for that i was pleased. Playing defense is now fun, i feel like the physics are better and you actually jave to make real nhl plays. 

Im very happy with it. It still has a ways to go before being in 2K and madden territory but still. Very happy. 

39 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

I bought it on Saturday. Instant buyers remorse until I played 3s. So fun.

I tried getting into Franchise mode and was immediately put off. But 3s is definitely where all the potential is. More surprisingly is that it is more fleshed out on its first go around then I expected.

1 minute ago, Tre Mac said:

WEAK!

After losing 20+ pounds, I thought my self control was terrific.

Then this happened.

Any of you guys on PS4 that need to do some of the Co-Op challenges? I need to do some in HUT, and need a win with someone in 3s to unlock Finn.

Madwolf05 of PSN. I'll be on at like 4pm Vancouver time. Just let me know who you are if you send me a friend invite. lol

6 hours ago, Incursio said:

I have the total opposite feeling about 3s; It's too over my top for my taste. 

3v3 EASHL is really fun though.

I feel NHL needs mini games like the 2K series had. Those were crazy fun and were actually different from hockey gameplay.

4 hours ago, c00kies said:

I feel NHL needs mini games like the 2K series had. Those were crazy fun and were actually different from hockey gameplay.

NHL 2k5 is still my favourite NHL game of all time.

21 hours ago, Monty said:

I tried getting into Franchise mode and was immediately put off. But 3s is definitely where all the potential is. More surprisingly is that it is more fleshed out on its first go around then I expected.

It's not the first time they've used the 3 on 3 setup. They've been toying with it ever since the Wii game, NHL Slapshot (released 2010).

1 hour ago, D-Money said:

It's not the first time they've used the 3 on 3 setup. They've been toying with it ever since the Wii game, NHL Slapshot (released 2010).

Didn't even know that existed.

1 hour ago, 73 Percent said:

Was well before that. 

Nhl hits

Nhl rock the rink

Which was the one with the weird sound effects? That was fun.

Archived