The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 18 Thread

MusclePharm

Juolevi always jumps up to like 88 overall after a year no matter how low I put his overall it seems. Would be nice if they fixed development. Stats should atleast somewhat determine how they develop. Some guys put up no points and jump up huge and some guys put up like 60 points and go up one overall...

and what's with the new dekes in eashl? Do you have to be a dangler? I use hitting sniper and most of the time I try them the puck just slides off my stick

17 hours ago, Erik Karlsson said:

Juolevi always jumps up to like 88 overall after a year no matter how low I put his overall it seems. Would be nice if they fixed development. Stats should atleast somewhat determine how they develop. Some guys put up no points and jump up huge and some guys put up like 60 points and go up one overall...

It is so stupid, I think players jump ratings too quickly too. Do they still have grinders and enforcers in the top of later drafts?

I think player types should be more fluid. A playmaker that can't put up points might change to more of a two-way or a finesse grinder or something.

1 hour ago, c00kies said:

It is so stupid, I think players jump ratings too quickly too. Do they still have grinders and enforcers in the top of later drafts?

I think player types should be more fluid. A playmaker that can't put up points might change to more of a two-way or a finesse grinder or something.

I'm not too sure, I always restart my franchise after a couple seasons cause I have to keep tweaking players overalls lol.

On 2017-09-29 at 7:50 PM, DollarAndADream said:

Playing my expansion franchise, I decided to take a look at the Canucks in year 2019-2020. So, 3 seasons from now....

E. Kane (84) - M. Granlund (85) - S. Baertschi (84)

J. Virtanen (79) - B. Horvat (84) - B. Boeser (80)

R. Boucher (80) - H. Sedin (82) - B. Sutter (81)

N. Goldobin (81) - K. Chipchura (73) - D. Dorsett (76)

E. Pettersson (77)

J. Gardiner (84) - C. Tanev (84)

B. Hutton (83) - E. Gudbranson (82)

M. Del Zotto (81) - O. Juolevi (78)

S. Bobrovsky (89)

J. Markstrom (82)

This is their current lineup. I really hope we don't look like that in NHL 20. Looks like Horvat did not even budge in progress, same goes for Virtanen, Boeser, and Sven. Granlund went up to our best C. Lol. Daniel retired before Henrik did. Stecher is gone somewhere. Demko is a 78 still. I guess they grabbed Bobby in FA.

I played one full season, nearly all 82 games and then lost in the finals. My players jumoed up to higher then everyone you have listed

bo went up to 88 with high top six potential

boeser jumped to 82

virtanan hit 80

demko reached 82

bennet went to 86

reinhart blew me away and sat at 89 

thats just what I can remember

I also grabbed carolinas pick at the beginning of the season and landed 2nd overall where I drafted Dahlin and he started at 79 for me. 

the more games you actually play and complete then the better your players progress 

1 hour ago, kylecanuck said:

I played one full season, nearly all 82 games and then lost in the finals. My players jumoed up to higher then everyone you have listed

boeser jumped to 82

virtanan hit 80

demko reached 82

bennet went to 86

I also grabbed carolinas pick at the beginning of the season and landed 2nd overall where I drafted Dahlin and he started at 79 for me. 

the more games you actually play and complete then the better your players progress 

This.... actually play, stop simming ! 

1 hour ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

Exactly, i prefer to carry two teams. One is the canucks where i take it seriously and play every game. Then I have my other team which is an expansion team

this yeaf and I sim the $&!# out of that. The players take a very different development path

2 hours ago, kylecanuck said:

boeser jumped to 82

virtanan hit 80

demko reached 82

bennet went to 86

1 hour ago, HorvatToBaertschi said:

I'm playing the games on my own team, which is an expansion team of Seattle. I just thought I'd look at Vancouver to see how they progress. It's a little stupid that players don't progress unless you play the game.

Plus, some people like to sim, like myself. I mean, hell, back in like NHL 14 I used to sim 10+ seasons just to see how players would end up and what auto-generated players that I drafted would become. I always think that's cool. I like sims, hence the sim-league in my sig. :P

That's not to say I don't like playing. I also have a separate Canucks GM save and I play a ton of EASHL. I was just wondering where the Canucks were after a few seasons of CPU action.

1 hour ago, DollarAndADream said:

I'm playing the games on my own team, which is an expansion team of Seattle. I just thought I'd look at Vancouver to see how they progress. It's a little stupid that players don't progress unless you play the game.

Plus, some people like to sim, like myself. I mean, hell, back in like NHL 14 I used to sim 10+ seasons just to see how players would end up and what auto-generated players that I drafted would become. I always think that's cool. I like sims, hence the sim-league in my sig. :P

That's not to say I don't like playing. I also have a separate Canucks GM save and I play a ton of EASHL. I was just wondering where the Canucks were after a few seasons of CPU action.

I hear ya there, i still have one team I sim way up there to see who can be draftedand how they develop. That's my victoria expansion team, they're up to year 2021 i believe. Though they don't develop properly i find. 

Also looking at what the canucks held for players at this point was rather sad, they where definitely a bottom dwelling team with no draft picks on the actual team. Never has made sense how players are ranked and develop to me

on another note, i hate breakaways on nhl18

17 minutes ago, kylecanuck said:

I hear ya there, i still have one team I sim way up there to see who can be draftedand how they develop. That's my victoria expansion team, they're up to year 2021 i believe. Though they don't develop properly i find. 

Also looking at what the canucks held for players at this point was rather sad, they where definitely a bottom dwelling team with no draft picks on the actual team. Never has made sense how players are ranked and develop to me

on another note, i hate breakaways on nhl18

Eastside Hockey Manager is usually the best option to do hockey sims, but it's on PC. I used to be into that all the time and be like 30 seasons in, but I like to do it on the EA NHL games because then you can actually see your team on the ice. I think it's cool to play with an auto-generated superstar. :lol:

With my Seattle expansion, it's pretty stupid because it started at the draft, and the Canucks drafted Heiskanen at #5. Pettersson was taken 4th (take that, doubters). So years into the Be a GM, they still have Horvat at 84 and Granlund as their best centers. No big FA acquisitions or trades to get better. EA's sims are stupid sometimes. They used to be better before the jump to PS4/Xbox One.

9 hours ago, 250Integra said:

This game is awful. Every time I try to play online versus with my friends (couch play), we end up sitting there and wasting time trying to find a game.

NHL WAIT-TEEN

My buddy and I were playing online vs and got kind of sick of it so we switched to co-op 3's. So much better.

• 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Sean Monahan said:

Yeah, it does. Serious buyer’s remorse.

Same here. I want to delete it off my PS4, but I'm too stubborn. 

I really don't enjoy playing it at all though. 

1 minute ago, Incursio said:

Same here. I want to delete it off my PS4, but I'm too stubborn. 

I really don't enjoy playing it at all though. 

The 3’s mode was fun but I’ve completed the circuit now. I don’t really have any desire to play the game anymore and I think it’s only been a month since it came out, IIRC.

This games &^@#ed. In my newest franchise mode with the Canucks all my created players like duplicated or something. There were 2 svechnikovs in the draft. 2 Tkachuks, etc, Makar was on Colorado and was in the draft :/

also so I made a franchise mode with an expansion team and all my created players were in it, but my changed overalls weren't. 

My HUT Team now..

Landeskog - Linden - Pastrnak

S. Aho - Horvat - Virtanen

Trochek - Zibanejad - Wheeler

Okposo - Z.Smith - C. Smith

Carlyle - Trouba

Suter - Faulk

Werenski - Ellis

Howard

Jarry

Synergies

Locker room Leader (LL), Precision Passing (PP), Protect the Puck (P), Breakout Master (BM), Fine Shooting (FS), Clutch Player (CP)

I hope if a Canuck-player get a TOTW Card, they get a Synergy I have  :wub:

Archived