The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 18 Thread

MusclePharm

21 hours ago, Rush17 said:

Can I pre-order NHL 19 for that price please? lol  is that on xbox live or ps4 store?  I picked it up for over $100 with the early access and young stars package.  Totally worth the extra $15-20 for the early access lol.  Got the digital copy which works better for me. I have my console on its side upright so it won't scratch my nhl disc if its digital :D

On Xbox live store. I bet if you wait a month after nhl19’s release date you’ll get it at a discounted rate. 

nhl18 has already been on sale so many times.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a little late getting into HUT but I decided to start.

My team is trash/mostly comprised of starter pack players so first game online I matchup against a guy who had McDavid, Matthews, Messier, Kurri, Toews, Wheeler, Subban, Draisaitl, exc.

My only decent players are J.Staal, Gagner, Jordan Nolan, Dowd, Postma, Hutton & TJ Brodie. And I won 5-2, lol. 

Now I see this gift of giving pack and I have Horvat/Sittler/Kadri/Doughty/Galchenyuk. Thank goodness I don't think I could have competed online much longer.

I like HUT so far, its nice that players aren't too pricey you can actually put together a decent team without having to invest your life in the game. 

On 14/01/2018 at 11:12 AM, Smashian Kassian said:

I'm a little late getting into HUT but I decided to start.

My team is trash/mostly comprised of starter pack players so first game online I matchup against a guy who had McDavid, Matthews, Messier, Kurri, Toews, Wheeler, Subban, Draisaitl, exc.

My only decent players are J.Staal, Gagner, Jordan Nolan, Dowd, Postma, Hutton & TJ Brodie. And I won 5-2, lol. 

Now I see this gift of giving pack and I have Horvat/Sittler/Kadri/Doughty/Galchenyuk. Thank goodness I don't think I could have competed online much longer.

I like HUT so far, its nice that players aren't too pricey you can actually put together a decent team without having to invest your life in the game. 

You can get ICE players for very cheap on the matket. 89-90 are under 10k.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone do a 32nd team in the franchise expansion draft?  I just started up one as the Seattle Sea Dogs lol.  A lot of the picks Vegas had were gone but the game left me a few decent guys.  Tampa wanted an arm and a leg for Palat and the fee to try and steal him as a ufa was to steep.  I was hoping to wait until the season start to work a deal but unfortunately Winnipeg snuck in and they inked him to a crazy cap hit of like 6.9 per season over 6 years. bananas.

So apparently I got the first overall pick in the entry draft. I choose Elias Petterson, followed by Lilegren in the 2nd, Connor Timmins (3rd), and another top 4 potential d man in the 4th).  Threw a 2 year 7 million per contract at Hanzal to add some depth in my top 6:  Lines are:

Jaskins - Pettersson - Shaw (Great line so far)

McGinn - Hanzal - Roslovic (Solid shut down line with 2ndary scoring)

Neito - Letestu - C. Brown

Tlusty (FA) - Laughton - Di Giuseppe

Martinez- Myers 

Ouellet - Vatanen

J. Johnson - Shattenkirk

Miller (FA)

Kuemper
Subban

Calling up Pokka and will try Lilegren in that RHD slot.  Might try and move Shattenkirk for either a younger d man or a scoring winger.  I've tried many variations on D and it seems like Shattenkirk is the odd man out in chemistry.  Xavier Ouellet has been a really steady d man with whomever he has played it.  Have a lot of RHD depth: Pokka, Lilegren, Timmins, Roslika (top 4 D).  on the left side its kind of barron im contemplating moving Shattenkirk for Gabriel Karlsson of CJB.  He is a 76 overall at age 20.  Might be worth the gamble but I am severely lacking in offense lol. Any injuries and I'll be im trouble. its a make sure roster for sure.  Had Edmonton offer me their 1st in the off season for shattenkirk.  LA also offered me their 1st and 3rd round picks to re-acquire Martinez who happens to be my captain.  So much depth on the right side.  Kinda weak on the left lane.

Please let me know how you guys feel the 32nd team experience has gone for you?  Curious how it has gone for everyone else.  

On 12/28/2017 at 1:13 PM, HI5 said:

On Xbox live store. I bet if you wait a month after nhl19’s release date you’ll get it at a discounted rate. 

nhl18 has already been on sale so many times.

oh really.  Yeah I got it a few days early. cost a fortunate tho like I menitoned lol.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/29/2018 at 12:44 AM, Rush17 said:

Please let me know how you guys feel the 32nd team experience has gone for you?  Curious how it has gone for everyone else.  

I've really enjoyed it.  I created the Victoria Cougars and used the divisional realignment feature to put them in the Pacific Division.

I'm in my 3rd season right now.  I don't remember everybody I picked in the expansion draft, but I certainly had a few of the same guys you selected.  Myers was great for me for the first two seasons but then he refused to re-sign when he got to UFA.  I had Abdelkader and was able to flip him for Boeser, who has been my leading scorer every season.  I took up LA on their offer to re-acquire Martinez.  Along the way, I would say Helm has been my most surprising pickup.  I got him for a low draft pick and he scores a tonne of goals for me.

As it stands today...

Boeser - Danault - Svechnikov

Grabner - Point - Berglund

Helm - Strome - Brown

Benson - Vilardi - Raddysh

Staal - Nurse

Sbisa - Nesterov

Schenn - Murphy

Miller

Reimer

Boeser & Svechnikov both won the Calder in their rookie seasons.  Raddysh has a chance to do it this year, if it wasn't for JC Bouwmeester.

In past years I have always played Be A GM / Franchise mode as the Canucks, but I think I prefer this expansion mode.  Hopefully they keep it around.

• 3 weeks later...

One thing I miss in Be A GM / Franchise mode is the trade deadline.  It used to be an event.  Now it's just a day on the calendar and nothing really happens.  You don't see trade offers increase, or market prices change due to the deadline.  I think they should do more around that day.

2 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

One thing I miss in Be A GM / Franchise mode is the trade deadline.  It used to be an event.  Now it's just a day on the calendar and nothing really happens.  You don't see trade offers increase, or market prices change due to the deadline.  I think they should do more around that day.

Remember when you could unlock more phones if you were a better GM?

Just now, 73 Percent said:

I do.  And OK, that might have been a little goofy, but it was better than the non-event they have now.

It would be really great if they could do something involving UFAs on non-playoff bound teams.  Maybe have their value change based on whether they would be unlikely to re-sign with their current team.

59 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

NHL 11 - The good old days. I remember being able to trade a 2nd/6th/7th for a 1st and 3rd/4th/5th for a 1st every year.

On 3/7/2018 at 5:44 PM, goalie13 said:

I do.  And OK, that might have been a little goofy, but it was better than the non-event they have now.

It would be really great if they could do something involving UFAs on non-playoff bound teams.  Maybe have their value change based on whether they would be unlikely to re-sign with their current team.

1 feature 2K had was the AI offering counter trades. It was terrible but a great idea, I wish EA would do it.

In the 2K version I'd offer a few nobody's for say Crosby, and they'd counter back with something you couldnt refuse for Crosby lol

• 3 weeks later...

In light of the Sedins announcing their retirement today, I have been sort of keeping tabs on them in my Franchise game (I still want to call it Be A GM).

I have been playing expansion mode as the Victoria Cougars.  I'm now in my 4th season.  Henrik played three more seasons with the Canucks before going to the Rangers.  Daniel has spent the past few seasons with Boston.  15 games into the season, both have 10 points and are 6th in their team's scoring.

Although EA captured their consistency, they weren't able to build their commitment to play together for the Canucks into the game.  :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Just started a Be A GM of the Minnesota Wild. I fast forwarded to this summer to may 10th.  I am the new GM to replace chuck Fletcher lol.

I made zero trades or changes until I took over as GM.

I managed to trade Ryan Suter +++ for Tanner Pearson + Adrian Kempe and 4th overall pick where I selected Ryan Merkley.  I tried hard to get the second overall from Florida but they would not bite.  ( I wanted Svech)

Followed by a team to acquire the 29th pick which I later packaged with my second to acquire Pavel Zacha.  I also moved out Parise + for some smaller assets more of a cap dump as he was an 83 OA with a high cap hit for like a million years lol.

I also saw John Gibson on the trading block. I traded Dubnyk, D

Spurgeon, a conditional 1st and a 2nd round pick for John Gibson and Jakob Larsson.  

I wasn't done there.. I then packaged Pearson ++ to Columbus for Borjstrand + and a guy I liked drafted in the third round.  Russia guy.  

Also got kapanen and Toronto's first for another package I forget lol. It was good tho.

Traded a 2nd and 3rd for Smith. For some truculence.

Free agent signings:

John Carlsson for 7.75 mill over 4 years (his requested term)

Patrick Maroon for 4.1 million over 3 years (his requested term)

Tlusty 1.3 million over 2 years (his requested term)

Jay Beagle 2.5 million over 2 years (his requested term)

Lines are:

Kempe Granlund Borjstrand

Netteriter Zacha Kapanen

Russiaguy Smith Coyle

Maroon Beagle Tlusty

Brodin Carlson

Larsson Dumba

Ollfsson Murphy

Gibson

Stalock

I also picked up brunstrom from Vegas.  I have brunstrom, Erikson Ek, Kunin, and another good prospect in the A.  Trying to sign a 21 year old tender for my farm team. Apparently is a former 2014 4th round pick of the wild. :)

I know not many will read this but it's fun to talk talk it. Off to a 3-0-1 start every game has been a 1 goal game. Went 1-4-1 in pre season lol. Turned it around some.  Jets lost to Tampa in my simmed season ie the 2017-18 season. :)

Cheers

On ‎3‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 9:44 AM, 250Integra said:

Anybody here going to participate in the championships? https://www.nhl.com/fans/gaming

The playstation one begins next weekend I believe.

Hated it last year and didn't buy the game this year.  Too bad NHL14 & 15 were probably my most enjoyable time gaming.  Met a lot of people including a father and son combo from Cali that let me join their team.  The dad was always getting me to watch his kids youtube vids and I always remembered his name:

https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/387248/dylan-reightley

Be cool if he makes the show someday. 

But EASHL lost it for me when they got rid of all the customization and added templates, plus it took forever to get a game going and everyone just quits in drop-ins if they don't dominate.  I wish another gaming company made a EASHL only type of game because they wouldn't need any licensing and it would give EA a swift kick in the ass to step up their game.

Archived