The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 18 Thread

MusclePharm

This game was fine back in NHL 12. Ever since then it's gone downhill every year. It is a broken piece of crap and it has been since NHL 13. I used to love playing club, I am a heavy gamer and I played it more than any other game I've ever owned. Now I only play to scratch the hockey itch now and again.

RIP NHL

bring back make your own team and play others with what we have, the HUT is ok but from long ago you just picked who you wanted on your team and it was sent to the other player and you played easy as that!!!I have always been close to 100% winning until they came out with to many buttons and skill stick which for me ruined the game,now I win 60% of the time instead of close to 100

On 6/10/2017 at 5:43 PM, Zhukini said:

WIth the new Madden trailer that came out today, I think I'd buy that twice before thinking about purchasing NHL. It's become nothing more than the game to play when your buddies are over having some beers and you need to decide who's paying for pizza 

I agree. I think I'll actually buy Madden this year for the first time since Madden 07. They got the frostbite engine for it and also the story mode seems cool. The NHL games still look too similar to last generation. It's like they have been doing minor tweaks for a decade, but the game on the outside still looks too similar. Players still move and skate weird in my opinion. 

On 6/10/2017 at 5:43 PM, Zhukini said:

WIth the new Madden trailer that came out today, I think I'd buy that twice before thinking about purchasing NHL. It's become nothing more than the game to play when your buddies are over having some beers and you need to decide who's paying for pizza 

I agree. I think I'll actually buy Madden this year for the first time since Madden 07. They got the frostbite engine for it and also the story mode seems cool. The NHL games still look too similar to last generation. It's like they have been doing minor tweaks for a decade, but the game on the outside still looks too similar. Players still move and skate weird in my opinion. 

On ‎2017‎-‎06‎-‎07 at 7:20 AM, goalie13 said:

I read somewhere that there will be an expansion mode (no surprise) but that you will also be able to create your own expansion franchise and be the 32nd team.

I only ever play Be A  GM / Franchise mode, so I'm looking forward to this option.

sick.

Bring back EASHL of 2014, when you levelled your player up and could assign attribute points.  Making every snowflake the same totally ruined EASHL imo.  And ffs change the queue system.  You pick a position and you wait in a que until the game starts, it's not complicated. 

Sometimes I wish I could win the next big national lottery and simply buy my way into full control over the NHL series so I could delay the next edition for one full year and enforce the sweeping changes to the franchise we all want to see.

7 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

Bring back EASHL of 2014, when you levelled your player up and could assign attribute points.  Making every snowflake the same totally ruined EASHL imo.  And ffs change the queue system.  You pick a position and you wait in a que until the game starts, it's not complicated. 

Yes.. and all the little kids assign their attribute points to speed and acceleration and their players are 5'10" or smaller, that's was fun.. :wub:

1 hour ago, 250Integra said:

Bringing back one-handed dekes after they took it away on the next generation consoles? EA recycling stuff again? Give me a break.

To be honest, I find the deking system to be way too overpowered. By a push of a button (and aiming the stick) you can do moves that you see only a few times a season, which is pretty dumb if you ask me.

Archived