The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 18 Thread

MusclePharm

24 minutes ago, Joejoeyjoel said:

Wow... it's NHL 17 with a couple new dekes and the ability to move your stick around defensively. This may be the first year I skip on purchasing in a long time. 

The only thing that seems interesting to me is Threes... ...but mostly because maybe less players I can finally play an OTP game that doesn't lag.

5 hours ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I didn't buy NHL 17, but I do remember the NHL 17 beta gameplay being pretty similar to this beta. I don't think much has changed.

I might consider buying it, as I haven't in the past five years.

Tbh that's why I'm buying. I'm a few years behind.

I know it's not the final product yet, and they might fix it, but I always get annoyed when you are in the middle of changing lines/players in the 3-on-3 game mode and when the opponent advances, you always have to move up (away from the advance option) since it automatically brings it down when the opponent is ready. It's pretty minor, but in so many cases I have pressed 'x' and it starts the game. Also, sometimes substituting players in takes time to show up on the screen too.

On 7/25/2017 at 2:28 PM, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I didn't buy NHL 17, but I do remember the NHL 17 beta gameplay being pretty similar to this beta. I don't think much has changed.

I might consider buying it, as I haven't in the past five years.

I thought the NHL 17 beta gameplay was really good, especially compared to the actual final product :/

Yeah, playing this game just feels like a slowed down NHL 17. I don't know. There's some new dekes in there, but that's just not enough, even with 3on3s.

For the first time in a long time, I might just wait for NHL 19, with the new engine they're converting to. Although, I expect it to be stripped down like when they moved from PS3/360 to PS4/One.

Same old, same old. So many aspects of the game are overlooked... I think this is going to be the first year I skip..

Here are some codes for XBONE if anyone needs em.

2QYG6-MVY44-FHQQ2-KJ39K-4X3KZ
2QP3Q-DFQJ7-3KF6G-DK67H-7RGTZ

3 minutes ago, jstewboy said:

Same old, same old. So many aspects of the game are overlooked... I think this is going to be the first year I skip..

Here are some codes for XBONE if anyone needs em.

2QYG6-MVY44-FHQQ2-KJ39K-4X3KZ
2QP3Q-DFQJ7-3KF6G-DK67H-7RGTZ

Gotta highlight the boxes to see the codes.

11 hours ago, DollarAndADream said:

Yeah, playing this game just feels like a slowed down NHL 17. I don't know. There's some new dekes in there, but that's just not enough, even with 3on3s.

For the first time in a long time, I might just wait for NHL 19, with the new engine they're converting to. Although, I expect it to be stripped down like when they moved from PS3/360 to PS4/One.

Not to disappoint you, but don't expect a new engine for 19. 

i look forward to playing my first gm mode with the canucks in a long time.  i typically go for one of the worst teams teams and to turn it around in the first season or two.

now with demko and boeser being updated.  and the addition of pettersson we are only really missing gaudette in our top 10 prospects.  im ok with starting a franchise with most of our baller prospects.

im currently playing nhl 16 with njd

i have

Hall - Barkov - Rush

Zacha - Koptair - Gallagher

Sprong - Perreault - Versteeg 

Glencross - Gordon - Brown (grinder)

Yandle - Severson

Lindholm - Trouba

Weircoch - Morrow

Pickard

Kinkaid

i picked up Weircoch 2 1/2 weeks before we signed him lol.  my d is stacked offense is ok. 

signed koptair in fa @ 9.7 million.  they hadn't traded bishop yet after i updated rosters at trade deadline.

then signed:

Yandle 5 x 5.5 mill

Versteeg 3 x 3 mill

Glencross 3 x 3 mill

for vet support. finished last in the league last season. (year 1). flipped the 1st overall, my 2nd, and 2 x 3rds for Barkov.  

i had acquired Mikal Granlund and Sam Bennett season 1. flipped Bennett + picks to chi for their 2nd overall d man in 2016 draft after they put him on the block. (also took oduya off their books for cap relief)

then sent Granlund + Spurgeon to the peg for Trouba and Perreault.  Spurgeon kept getting trapped in his own end and couldn't break the cycle. so to make room for Severson and Rush (myself) extensions i moved their 1 year prove me contracts out.  Perreault finally gives me a legit 3rd line c.  he has played well with versteeg and sprong.  (versterg has really helped sprong out).

i made myself a 97 overall because i like the fantasy lol. i was a 1st line c last season and potted 34 goals alongside hall.  but i found more openings on the wing. so the 6'2 power forward rush is now a winger.

i managed to draft a great young tender in round 4.  guy named Werner.  he is a 75 overall same age as blackwood my supposedly great next tender. but he is 75 vs blackwoods 62 at this stage. he is 5-1 in albany with our 6-1 albany devils.  

also got a stud potential top 9 power forward in round 4. some German guy named Haberstash or something like that.  hes been dope. plus some of my young free agent signings of guys around 23-24 who were in the 50's / 60's are now playing top 6 and top 4 positions in the ahl respectively.

my team is good but lacks depth so once the injuries come ill be faced with some adversity.  i mostly moved picks and recaptured them down the line.  only missing my 2nd round pick next season.  but this is an nhl 18 thread not my be a gm mode in 2016.

i look forward to playing 18! just gotta trade in some old games to help pay for it lol.  

Archived