The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Can we make history at the draft and acquire 2 additional top 5 picks?

So we have the #5 pick and there is talk of Dallas moving the #3. So let's start there.

Dallas had a real down year last year, many had them pegged as a cup favourite before the season started. They failed miserably, not even getting close to making the playoffs. Now they have Bishop which by himself makes them look that much scarier, what could possibly make them look more scary? An elite shutdown defenceman,  AKA Chris Tanev. Now call me crazy but I believe Tanev is more valuable than a #3 in a weak draft class so we should also take on the Niemi contract and acquire another pick, possibly in next year's deep draft.

My proposal..

TO VAN

Niemi

Nikushkin or a 2018 1st (becomes a 2nd if Dallas fails to make the playoffs)

TO DAL

Tanev

An elite Defensive Dman like Tanev will fetch a package like that especially now.

So now we have picks 3 and 5. Can we make a deal with a team that is looking to make the playoffs that may have interest in Edler? Hmm what about Philly? Lots of good young D and great offence. All they really lack is a veteran leader in their backend and a solid net minder. 

My proposal.

TO VAN

Cap dump

TO PHI

Edler (Retain some cap)

Markstrom

33rd OA

So now we have picks 2, 3, and 5. 

#2 - Hischier (or NP)

#3 - Vilardi

No if we make the pick at 5 I want Makar, he has really high potential, could be the next Karlsson. However I kind of want to spice things up a bit.

TO TBL

Baertschi

TO VAN

Drouin

I think it's fair value wise but the question is will Tampa accept? Ill leave that to you guys to discuss. If we pull it off we draft Foote.

So with everything said and done our future looks pretty bright.

Next year's lines...

Drouin Horvat Boeser

Sedin Sedin Goldobin 

Eriksson Sutter Granlund

Virtanen Gaunce Molino

Hutton Gudbranson 

Juolevi Stecher 

Pedan Subban 

Miller 

Bachman

Future lines...

Drouin Hischier Dahlen

Vilardi Horvat Boeser

Goldobin Gaudette Granlund

Virtanen Sutter Molino

Juolevi Foote

Tryamkin Stecher

Hutton Gudbranson 

Demko

Garteig

I'd rather not give markstrom up now, I honestly believe he's a true starter, but I also feel with most of those trades that's what JB would ask then the GMs haggle him down from there take away some peices or add some b prospects then it's probably more realistic 

2 minutes ago, BO_Scorvat said:

I'd rather not give markstrom up now, I honestly believe he's a true starter, but I also feel with most of those trades that's what JB would ask then the GMs haggle him down from there take away some peices or add some b prospects then it's probably more realistic 

Demko is our future. Give Markstrom a shot somewhere else.

Phi

WPG

Car

ARZ

Vgk

5 minutes ago, Baggins said:

Too much EA in your life.

If I could make trades in real life that I do in ea we would be a dynasty every year for eternity

Care to explain why my trades don't seem realistic? The least realistic one would be for the #2. As TB is knowingly shopping Drouin or atleast open to a trade, and Dallas is on record saying they are willing to trade the #3. Tanev is a perfect fit for them on a VERY CHEAP contract with 3 YEARS REMAINING.. please explain

Just now, Hortankin said:

If I could make trades in real life that I do in ea we would be a dynasty every year for eternity

Which is what you just did. Looking at those deals I would just laugh as the other GM.

Btw, shouldn't this be in armchair GMing where crazy proposals reside?

5 minutes ago, Hortankin said:

Demko is our future. Give Markstrom a shot somewhere else.

Phi

WPG

Car

ARZ

Vgk

And Benning JUST said that Markstrom is our future so why do you assume he isn't.  Like he said it LAST WEEK.

Just now, Adarsh Sant said:

And Benning JUST said that Markstrom is our future so why do you assume he isn't.  Like he said it LAST WEEK.

If he said he wasn't imagine the uproar the media would cause. If you don't see that Demko is our future than you obviously don't know too much

Lol. So.......... Should we switch from NHL to AHL while we are at it ? 

In addition , u dont draft Valardi to play wing , Subban cant even earn a call up so far nevermind a roster spot, virtanen plays the right side, juolevi hasn't even made the team yet and he is going to be our number 1 d man? I'll just stop there. 

We would also need allot more ice scrape girls to clean up the shattered remains of our prospects confidence. 

You do understand how stupid this would be right ? 

Why don't we wait 2 weeks and see? 

People will always spend so much time speculating, when 95% of the time, nothing ever happens. 

I find by doing this, you never set yourself up for disappointment. 

Just now, Kaner said:

Why don't we wait 2 weeks and see? 

People will always spend so much time speculating, when 95% of the time, nothing ever happens. 

I find by doing this, you never set yourself up for disappointment. 

Well so far , we set ourselves up for disappointment when we were born Canucks fans. Lets hope that changes.  

1 minute ago, cuporbust said:

Well so far , we set ourselves up for disappointment when we were born Canucks fans. Lets hope that changes.  

So true. When people ask me who I cheer for I proudly tell them I am a suffering Canucks fan. 

Things can only get better I hope or do they have to still yet worse yet?

Archived