The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

MAFIA: Albuquerque Atomic City [Townies Win!!!]

T-rex930

I still don't fully understand the benefit to the Clearing.

I was in a situation two games ago being the sheriff in a no PM game.Unfortunately I died right away... :P 
But if the sheriff gets even one mafia, might as well come out with it. The other way to me seems like it'd be giving the mafia almost more information then the TP

Don't hang me for my opinion please and thanks

1 hour ago, Master Radishes said:

Why are you pretending you don't know how many scum there are?

A. Pretty sure it's 2, considering that's what we discussed in the old thread.

B. We're teammates.

A. You're stuck in the past. Things change. If I were T'rex, we'd be having 6 mafia, 2 teams, one cult and one Apples.

B. What happens in the PM stays in the PM. Let's confuse the TP into thinking that we are too obvious to be Mafia/Mafia.

6 minutes ago, HashtagNucks said:

I was in a situation two games ago being the sheriff in a no PM game.Unfortunately I died right away... :P 
But if the sheriff gets even one mafia, might as well come out with it. The other way to me seems like it'd be giving the mafia almost more information then the TP

Just don't think blink. Blink and you're dead. They are fast. Faster than you can believe. Don't turn your back. Don't look away. And don't blink.

1 hour ago, HashtagNucks said:

The idea is that we all do it, providing cover for the real Sheriff. If they have any small bit of info - even just one confirmed TP - that could help us immensely.

And the idea of the Sheriff revealing a single mafia and outing themselves to do it is a terrible one. Wouldn't it be much better for the Sheriff to hint at the one name they have then try to live another day to find the other scum?

There's indeed a risk that we help the mafia too much. But if we all pick different players to fake-clear (more or less) then they can only really eliminate two or so names from their hunt for the Sheriff.

20 minutes ago, DarthMelvin said:

I'm liking MR's idea but I feel it would be more effective maybe in 2 or 3 rounds if we have not had any luck in the rounds before it.

In 3 rounds there will be 4 players left. If we haven't had luck by then we lose.

In a small game like this we need every bit of info we can get it. If we operate on a worst case scenario basis, the Sheriff could die R1. They'll die with at least one player's alignment known. So if we all leave hints, they're covered to leave theirs, and if they die we can then clear at least one player.

Anyway, going back to this post:

3 hours ago, Zfetch said:

We have a 20-30% chance of hitting a mafia. This can't be that hard.

I'm TP. So you can't vote me.

This gives us a 2/9 to 3/9 chance of correctly lynching.

The more I think about it, the more I find this suspicious. The whole "I'm not sure how many mafia there might be" shtick has set off little sirens for me. That has definitely been done before by scum trying to sneak clear themselves.

Vote Zfetch

47 minutes ago, Master Radishes said:

Anyway, going back to this post:

The more I think about it, the more I find this suspicious. The whole "I'm not sure how many mafia there might be" shtick has set off little sirens for me. That has definitely been done before by scum trying to sneak clear themselves.

Vote Zfetch

Yeah that post was terrible. I'm pretty sure Zfetch would know the number of mafia and the stuff about the lynching odds looks so forced. I hate saying it but it kinda looks TWTBW because the agenda seems so blatant. 

12 minutes ago, Blue Jay 22 said:

The experience I have had with sheriff cover has been positive for the mafia for reasons MR already stated. I'm not in favor of it. I'm sure the sheriff will find his/her own way of rooting out the mafia if he hits one.

ughhh BJ you disappoint. You're not even seriously considering it. The bolded is also a horrible justification tbh. 

I'm gonna type up a big post about why sheriff cover is important and how to use it properly. I have a decent amount of experience with it and it certainly has a +EV for the town if done correctly. 

You guys pointlessly speculating my post is even worse than me speculating the amount of mafia...At least that holds some merit.

Also, I don't like BWs jib. Hes just echoing MR and not chiming in with anything.

unvote;vote BW

Just now, HashtagNucks said:

Vote Armbar

Literally worst TP last game and still has a ton of confidence.

Also called a legitimate suggestion "gay" 

Which is just quality mafia.

LOL

Archived