The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Development Camp 2017 - Updated with roster, schedule

Jeez that Joey Ratelle likes to rumble, despite being one of his team's top scorers.

He'll take on anyone despite his size. It looks like he grew up watching Rick Rypien videos.

5'-11 and 175lbs and seems to think he's 6'-2 and 200lbs. - I like him, I hope he shows up well pre-season.

4 hours ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

Thanks. The people I'd heard it from are usually solid sources but I couldn't find anything in the media.

Nice to have that confirmed.

Now we just need a press release with all the details. I think I'll probably go this year since UBC is so close by (for me anyway).

Obviously truly impossible quantify to quantify but I think this is one of the best collections of talent the Canucks have had at a prospects camp. This years draft class, Boeser, under the radar types like McKenzie, and then the recent signees like Chatfield and Macewan. Very excited to see this group. 

Just now, Hoosierdaddy said:

Obviously truly impossible quantify to quantify but I think this is one of the best collections of talent the Canucks have had at a prospects camp (or at least in a very long time). This years draft class, Boeser, under the radar types like McKenzie, and then the recent signees like Chatfield and Macewan. Very excited to see this group. 

12 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

ya, there seems to be a handful of local guys that don't really look to have the stats. Guess they need some fodder. 

Yeah.. I guess they need to fill some of the roster spots. Also, the kid is from Beijing so maybe some publicity before the Canucks head over their for an exhibition game in the fall?

I'm excited to see Boeser, Juolevi, Lind, Pettersson, Dahlen, Lockwood, and Gaudette lace them up. Hopefully it will be a semi-competitive tournament!

23 minutes ago, Bo53 said:

Hope the showcase game is streamed!

I would assume they would.

Last year they were really good with the YouTube/Facebook streams.

Only downfall, it's usually Joey Kenward doing the PxP.

Archived