The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

e3 2017

i thought KH3 was under massive delay? like, won't be going into production until late 2018 or something?

Square Enix has to be one of the worst companies on the planet. back in the day squaresoft was a brand i could trust. now you're lucky to get 1 or 2 games to even be excited about every 2-3 years.

they do have some good 3DS games, though

3 minutes ago, GLASSJAW said:

i thought KH3 was under massive delay? like, won't be going into production until late 2018 or something?

Square Enix has to be one of the worst companies on the planet. back in the day squaresoft was a brand i could trust. now you're lucky to get 1 or 2 games to even be excited about every 2-3 years.

they do have some good 3DS games, though

It's already a great deal into production. Voice acting is done. Last I read it was in fine tuning and possibly due for 2018

And as far as Square goes, I'd rather trust a company to take their time to put out quality than put out crap in quantities.

idc about ea, but in case anyone missed it. sports, shooting, nya

microsoft and bethesda today! microsoft @2:00 and bethesda @9:00

bethesda i'm looking at wolfenstein (with wolfenstein comes quake) and something to do with the state of fallout saga, maybe fallout 4 online (someone can dream), or a new vegas type sequel or maybe a remake. these guys in recent years have started to really take notice at these shows, and they've made it known they'll be a wild card at this year's show

Hello console peasants.  I'm surprised nobody here is talking about the Xbox One X (formerly known as Scorpio) they finally demo'd at E3.  $499 is very pricey for a console, but it is quite a powerhouse.  They basically just confirmed what everybody has known for months.

Here's a 10 minute cut-down of the presentation.

5 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

Hello console peasants.  I'm surprised nobody here is talking about the Xbox One X (formerly known as Scorpio) they finally demo'd at E3.  $499 is very pricey for a console, but it is quite a powerhouse.  They basically just confirmed what everybody has known for months.

This more frequent upgrade cycle the console makers are pushing is driving me to build a proper gaming PC instead.

I expect every game to have some sort of deluxe edition that retails for $200.  Have you guys seen the new sports games going for that?  Whoever thought of this card game micro transaction in sports games(Ultimate mode) must of made a killing.  GTA has made over $500 million with their in-game transactions.

The only games I really care about are Elder Scrolls, GTA, and RDR - the kings of open world gaming. 

7 hours ago, SabreFan1 said:

@SabreFan1 you kill me lmao. I'm not talking about it because it's just a weaker version of my PC and I already have the XBO-S. $600 here in Canada is way too much and unless they have a generous trade in program I won't even consider it. On boxing day I was able to get rid of the crappy, bulky, ugly, glitchy launch Xbox One for the Xbox One S for $77 total and it came with a game of that value that I was already planning on getting so it really didn't cost me anything. 

2 hours ago, King Heffy said:

This more frequent upgrade cycle the console makers are pushing is driving me to build a proper gaming PC instead.

PC Master Race bros.

3 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Go for it!  Join our ranks (PC Master Race).  Unfortunately though the Xbox One X seriously ups the ante if you want to match it's 4k performance.  The computer build to match and beat it's performance will cost you over double what the console costs.  This is the console that MS should have released in 2013 and not the cripple they originally put out and then followed up with the slightly less crippled S version.

Console peasants put up with a lot, but I'm curious to see how many will actually shell out $500USD or around $6-700CAD for this.

48 minutes ago, Xbox said:

@SabreFan1 you kill me lmao. I'm not talking about it because it's just a weaker version of my PC and I already have the XBO-S. $600 here in Canada is way too much and unless they have a generous trade in program I won't even consider it. On boxing day I was able to get rid of the crappy, bulky, ugly, glitchy launch Xbox One for the Xbox One S for $77 total and it came with a game of that value that I was already planning on getting so it really didn't cost me anything.

It's much weaker than your brand spanking new PC.  Getting the Xbox One X would do nothing for you.... lol

For the hard-core peasants here though who love their consoles, the $600 CAD may not deter them.

4 minutes ago, Xbox said:

It's $599.99 CDN @SabreFan1

I could see someone paying that. I paid more than that for just a GPU.

Even if Microsoft is over promising like I suspect that they are, it's still a nice box for now.  Surprisingly, MS did good. 

Canada is actually catching a break.  With the exchange rate, Canadians will be getting the system $100 CAD cheaper than Americans will if the $600 CAD price tag stays that way until November.

I think Microsoft made a very smart move securing console exclusivity for Playerunknowns' Battlegrounds. That game is already awesome and when it's done it'll be a high end game for them. It will still have a larger lifespan on PC though. Already 3M strong!

I also hope Sony answers back with a bomb of their own tonight. I cannot stress enough how badly I want to see Bloodborne 2. If they can secure another From Software game then they win this year in my books.

1 hour ago, Xbox said:

I think Microsoft made a very smart move securing console exclusivity for Playerunknowns' Battlegrounds. That game is already awesome and when it's done it'll be a high end game for them. It will still have a larger lifespan on PC though. Already 3M strong!

I also hope Sony answers back with a bomb of their own tonight. I cannot stress enough how badly I want to see Bloodborne 2. If they can secure another From Software game then they win this year in my books.

A little bummed as I have a PS4, and wanted to play that game :( 

Archived