The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

McGregor vs Mayweather August 26th

DoughtysCheck

34 minutes ago, SabreFan1 said:

Unless Mayweather inexplicably decides to go toe to toe with Conor, we're going to know, or have a very good idea, after 4-5 rounds who will win the fight.  Conor can't outbox Mayweather and it would be pointless of him to try.

If Conor hasn't rattled him with multiple power shots by the end of 4-5, there's no way he will be able to do it once he becomes fatigued.

If it goes the distance it'll be Floyd easy. 

The first 3 rounds he'll give to Connor while  he studies him. If Connors going to win he needs to KO him within those free rounds. After that Connors just going to see 6 hands comin at him from different angles.

1 hour ago, GLASSJAW said:

nope

lol, so those are my options?

i've already said i, like most, think Mayweather will win in the typical, hideous style he wins in. the style that disappoints most viewers and engenders "well, it was a technically proficient fight!" from apologists. run, absorb hits, throw a few jabs.

mayweather hasn't knocked anyone out in like 15 years, except his wife and that one dude trying to give him a hug

I think most would love nothing more than Connor winning.  The issue is Connor's ability to last 12 rounds, with becoming too fatigued.  I see Mayweather doing exactly as you say for 7-8 rounds.  Remember Connor is not a boxer.  He's going to get hit.  Once he's tired, he's going to get hit harder.  He will get stopped in 10.  

6 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I think most would love nothing more than Connor winning.  The issue is Connor's ability to last 12 rounds, with becoming too fatigued.  I see Mayweather doing exactly as you say for 7-8 rounds.  Remember Connor is not a boxer.  He's going to get hit.  Once he's tired, he's going to get hit harder.  He will get stopped in 10.  

Nah. Conor needs a dose of reality. Someone who has NEVER defended a title and got submitted by a guy with 10 previous losses should NOT be getting this kind of hype and recognition. Pains me to say this, but at this point, Floyd is the lesser of 2 evils. 

I see Ronda 2.0 all over this. Loses to Floyd and then goes on to lose to the winner of Ferguson/Khabib at 155. 

Conor's approach is interesting but it's obvious hes going to need to be much better. TSN Boxing analysts were laughing at his technique last night. He needs to come up with a better way to approach Money Boy and not consume as much energy while trying to maintain it throughout the fight. I think he was just playing around and wasn't as serious in his training. He's probably going to get media to watch him do the some hardcore training imo in the coming days.

2 hours ago, HI5 said:

Andre Berto was supposed to spar McGregor but now backed out aftet the Paulie saga, apparently few other as well. 

Berto being Floyds last opponent would have been pretty helpful.

Berto had some good things to say about Conor earlier though.  He must be keeping his options open for a decent payday just in case Conor cleanly lands a hard punch or two and wins the match.

It may turn out to be a good thing as well.  There is such a thing as over training for a fight.  I remember in my younger jock days there were teammates who would overdo it in the weight room and would end up breaking down their muscles rather than build them up.

Conor isn't going to magically double his muscle memory in the next 2 weeks no matter who he spars with.  He's about as good as he's going to get for the next 13 days.

49 minutes ago, RRypien37 said:

Love it. Props to Paulie for winner takes all idea. Will quickly shut up anyone saying he is looking for a last big pay day. 

lol, how do you figure? he's retired. he has nothing to lose and everything to gain

5 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

lol, how do you figure? he's retired. he has nothing to lose and everything to gain

Did you read what he said? "Winner takes all". So if he loses, he get's nothing and has his ego and reputation tarnished forever. 

20 hours ago, GLASSJAW said:

got excited when it said "real fight" -- disappointed when I saw that it was a retired 37 year old boxer challenging McGregor to a boxing match

someone's looking for a new house on the Shore

15 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

Did you read what he said? "Winner takes all". So if he loses, he get's nothing and has his ego and reputation tarnished forever. 

Says the retired boxer whose face is still lumped up pretty good a week later.

Paulie's ego is even more bruised up than his face was after the sparring match.

Unless Conor does very well against Mayweather, even if he loses, his foray into boxing will be a one and done event.  If he even comes close to beating Mayweather or actually even manages to KO him, then other fighters will line up for a payday just like the fighters in MMA do.  Paulie just has a little extra motivation to do so as soon as possible.

On 15/08/2017 at 11:08 AM, SabreFan1 said:

Says the retired boxer whose face is still lumped up pretty good a week later.

Paulie's ego is even more bruised up than his face was after the sparring match.

Unless Conor does very well against Mayweather, even if he loses, his foray into boxing will be a one and done event.  If he even comes close to beating Mayweather or actually even manages to KO him, then other fighters will line up for a payday just like the fighters in MMA do.  Paulie just has a little extra motivation to do so as soon as possible.

There is some talk recently with the betting line coming down and getting  closer to a pick em' that MacGregor will win in a fix and they will have a rematch in January or something.

Speaking of that greasy guido Paulie Mags would love to see somebody beat his ass.

Archived