The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

McGregor vs Mayweather August 26th

DoughtysCheck

Just now, RRypien37 said:

Time will tell. I don't believe the hype. I can only hope the PPV buys aren't anywhere near what they except because this is a ridiculous event that is just disrespecting the sport of boxing. If they wanted to do this in the WWE sure, but not the sweet sciences.

Even if the PPV doesn't set a record, McGregor is still making 10's of millions and Mayweather is guaranteed 9 figures.

The gate alone at t-mobile arena is expected to pass the roughly $72 million that the Pacquiao fight did.

25 minutes ago, Tre Mac said:

I've heard 4 different people on TSN1040 slip saying Connor McDavid is fighting lol. 

Lol, happens to me all the time.

This is the D level boxer who whooped Connor. 

1 hour ago, HI5 said:

Lol, happens to me all the time.

This is the D level boxer who whooped Connor. 

They are relying on casual UFC fans to make all the PPV sales who can't grasp this. Any fight fan with background in boxing knows this. The hype is hilarious. 

I feel truly sorry for the people who shell out $60 to watch this fight on ppv. It's going to be a piece of $&!#. Mayweather will win by unanimous decision. And deluded boxing fans will somehow think this proves boxing is superior to MMA. As Bill Burr said, "McGregor is a swiss army knife who is being told he can only use his dullest blade against another guy who has been sharpening his blade for 30 years." 

13 hours ago, zzbottom said:

I feel truly sorry for the people who shell out $60 to watch this fight on ppv. It's going to be a piece of $&!#. Mayweather will win by unanimous decision. And deluded boxing fans will somehow think this proves boxing is superior to MMA. As Bill Burr said, "McGregor is a swiss army knife who is being told he can only use his dullest blade against another guy who has been sharpening his blade for 30 years." 

It's actually much worse because it will most likely be $100 for the PPV like the May vs Pac event was. 

1 hour ago, RRypien37 said:

It's actually much worse because it will most likely be $100 for the PPV like the May vs Pac event was. 

Oh lord. $100? Wow. I want to go door to door to these people's homes and show them the world of online piracy. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/14/2017 at 3:29 PM, ThaManbeast said:

Once again Money Mayweather cons sports fans into paying 100 dollars a PPV for him to put on a defense first, dodge and grab, boring ass boxing match. I hope McGregor kicks him in the head and KOs him out of nowhere.

That would be EPIC! 

Not a fan of either guy, both arrogant punks I'm siding with Connor in this.

32 minutes ago, apollo said:

That would be EPIC! 

Not a fan of either guy, both arrogant punks I'm siding with Connor in this.

I think the contract has a clause that if Connor does anything but box, he forfeits his share of the purse.  Connor will certainly lose, likely by decision, but he's not giving up 100 million dollars.  But ABSOLUTELY I hope Connor gets lucky and knocks out Mr. Arrogance - Mayflower. 

The undefeated Mayweather is arguably the best boxer of all time. 

If McGregor wins what does that do to his legacy? 

Don't count McGregor out people. He's in his prime, and Mayweather is old. Mayweather has had problems with southpaw fighters and McGregor has a deadly left.

What's the Vegas odds on this fight? I'd put my $ on McGregor via KO if the odds were good

Archived