The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Las Vegas is going to have a better team than the Canucks...

bloodycanuckleheads

On 6/18/2017 at 11:23 AM, RWMc1 said:

nhl.jpg.43b2703ddd7017c4471f91cb4a22509b.jpg

This is from before Winterpeg. They've already lost Atlanta. Las Vegas is important in more than one way to the NHL. They might help get that elusive big TV contract in the States that they've been chasing for a long time. Seattle would also help with their American growth.

when you take the aerial view, it's ugly for the Van and the west.

for Pitts for example, 13/14 teams within the equivalent of Calgary/Edmonton range of Vancouver....

no wonder the Sedins have had enough.

42 minutes ago, oldnews said:

when you take the aerial view, it's ugly for the Van and the west.

for Pitts for example, 13/14 teams within the equivalent of Calgary/Edmonton range of Vancouver....

no wonder the Sedins have had enough.

I agree but what it has to do with Vegas thread better than the Canucks?   It's a year old thread.  

Since you bring that up, I agree with you.  Once Seattle becomes a part of 32 team, I would prefer the league to go with 8 divisions and no conference and schedule matrix would look like this: 8 divisional games each and 2 games against rest of the teams in the league. This will add up to 80 games.  With this matrix, the Canucks can go back home in their own bed by midnight often after a short trip which is fine with me.   Playoffs would be 1 v 2 then winner play against other division winners and reseed 1-8, 2-7, 3-6, 4-5 according to non-division points, not divisional points.  .   Their travel would be reduced greatly with this set-up with same division with Seattle, Edmonton and Calgary.. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived