The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If you could take 5 former Canucks to back you up in a bar fight...Who would they be?

DontTouchMeGuys

11 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

Nope. Is that your attempt at burning me, by insinuating that I'm gay? Is that what you think of Henrik, Daniel, Hammer, Raymond, and Naslund because they aren't (weren't) overtly physical players?

Is there something funny about homosexuality you'd like to share with the class?

Nah you're the expert.

On 2017-06-17 at 7:37 AM, GarthButcher5 said:

Pretty sure the missing link has never played for Vancouver and I must say that I'm thankful for that.

Nonetheless. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near this guy in a bar fight. He'd clean up the bar and then turn on you because he needed more.

http://www.espn.com/nhl/story/_/page/Mag15thelegendoflink/hockey-scariest-man-link-gaetz-remember-most-mayhem-espn-magazine-archives

Right you are, although I seem to remember him having a preseason tryout with the Canucks.  

fighting is never the answer

so i submit to you the top 5 former canucks who give the best hugs

1) kyle wellwood, would have you hugging it out and going for cheeseburgers in no time

2) dave babych, top bear hug period

3) eddie lack,  just try to start a fight after seeing one of his moms tweets

4/5) sedin twins,  they are the type of people who excel at everything they do so i'm assuming their hug skills are off the charts as well

14 hours ago, thundernuts said:

Right you are, although I seem to remember him having a preseason tryout with the Canucks.  

Could be. Back in the mid to late 90's there was a lot of player movement with this team.

If you are heading to a bar fight you need to take the 5 nastiest and toughest brutes that can really fight:

1. Jack "Wolfman" McIhargy - this guy is tied with Brashear for being the meanest and toughest Canuck ever - In his prime he was a member of the infamous Philly "Broad Street Bullies" - along with Dave "Hammer" Schultz and Bill Barber.

2. Donald Brashear - toughest Canuck ever - won most of his fights

3. Dave Babych - in his prime he was big mean and tough - not too many would want to drop the gloves with him

4. Dave "Tiger" Williams - this guy is a legend in Toronto and Vancouver for his toughness and speed of his punches - he never backed down from anyone - not even Jack Mcihargy who was much bigger and tougher - check out his Toronto fight with Mcilhargy - its is one of the best on video!

5. Enrico Ciconne - Only lasted a few games with the Canucks but he was one tough customer.

You should be in pretty good shape at a bar with these 5 toughs!

Other guys like Gino, Ripper, Hunter, Bieksa and Jovanoski were game but they would get mopped by the crew above!

Archived