The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Cody Franson on TSN1040

1 hour ago, drummerboy said:

What is unreasonable?

"Juolevi needs to sack up and make the damn squad already bulk up over the summer and get on with it."

this really dumb comment of yours is unreasonable. 

How does he need to sack up?

because he is really young and his body is still growing?

Make the damn square already?

He just got drafted last year.   What is the hurry?  

Let him grow into his body and continue to learn the game before throwing him to the wolves. 

Juolevi is going to be a fine if not terrific player.  if we are lucky he will earn the merit of a roster spot. or they may return him.  but he needs a fair shot not the Wilkie treatment.  he needs to be clearly beaten by a sbisa or like dman.  if he's even keep him up and rotate him in until one of them clearly wins the battle.  if they send Juolevi back without he himself feeling hes not ready it's only going to slow him down and second guess his performance.   I think he's going to get at least 23 games. (just the # that popped up in my head)

he's young. skilled and still relatively new to North America.   let's just watch and see where the chips fall where they may.  exciting times to be a canuck.

16 minutes ago, Rush17 said:

Juolevi is going to be a fine if not terrific player.  if we are lucky he will earn the merit of a roster spot. or they may return him.  but he needs a fair shot not the Wilkie treatment.  he needs to be clearly beaten by a sbisa or like dman.  if he's even keep him up and rotate him in until one of them clearly wins the battle.  if they send Juolevi back without he himself feeling hes not ready it's only going to slow him down and second guess his performance.   I think he's going to get at least 23 games. (just the # that popped up in my head)

he's young. skilled and still relatively new to North America.   let's just watch and see where the chips fall where they may.  exciting times to be a canuck.

Agreed.  

Im absolutely not saying don't give him a chance.  

If he earns it, and can stay there, fantastic. 

But to say the kid needs to 'sack up and make the team already', is just stupid.  

He will be there when he is ready. 

Not when impatient fans decide what he needs to do. 

1 hour ago, drummerboy said:

Agreed.  

Im absolutely not saying don't give him a chance.  

If he earns it, and can stay there, fantastic. 

But to say the kid needs to 'sack up and make the team already', is just stupid.  

He will be there when he is ready. 

Not when impatient fans decide what he needs to do. 

As much as I don't want to see Sbisa go it looks like that is what will happen. Tanev will likely have greater value after the ED. I still want to see a Tanev deal. Losing Tryamkin, Sbisa and Tanev is almost a non starter.  Rushing Joulevi is what the Canucks used to do with their prospects years ago. I have no worries about leaving him in London for another year. Hunter is a NHL quality coach and him developing Joulevi is a huge bonus. 

17 hours ago, drummerboy said:

What is unreasonable?

"Juolevi needs to sack up and make the damn squad already bulk up over the summer and get on with it."

this really dumb comment of yours is unreasonable. 

How does he need to sack up?

because he is really young and his body is still growing?

Make the damn square already?

He just got drafted last year.   What is the hurry?  

Let him grow into his body and continue to learn the game before throwing him to the wolves. 

The hurry is bulking up can easily be done with pro nutrition and strength training. I would be concerned if he doesn't look like he is NHL ready physically this pre season with 2 summers to train.

He already had decent height over 6 foot 1 and weight of 185 pounds in his draft year he only needs 10 more pounds and he already has the mature 2 way game.

Other than weight wise he should be NHL ready. Other top d picks like McAvoy and Sergachev have played earlier and are very close to being regulars.

It's time for Juolevi to break in albeit in a small role there is an open spot waiting for him when Sbisa is hopefully plucked by Vegas.

Edler-Stecher

Hutton-Tanev

Juolevi-Gudbrandon

Pedan-Biega

D is all set already assuming Tanev or Hutton are not traded.

24 minutes ago, Chip Kelly said:

He already had decent height over 6 foot 1 and weight of 185 pounds in his draft year he only needs 10 more pounds and he already has the mature 2 way game.

Other than weight wise he should be NHL ready. Other top d picks like McAvoy and Sergachev have played earlier and are very close to being regulars.

It's time for Juolevi to break in albeit in a small role there is an open spot waiting for him when Sbisa is hopefully plucked by Vegas.

Edler-Stecher

Hutton-Tanev

Juolevi-Gudbrandon

Pedan-Biega

D is all set already assuming Tanev or Hutton are not traded.

Agree to disagree.  

Like i said, if he is ready, play him.  

But rushing him is a bad idea.  

The kid is a bean pole, and even with high end training, he still has an undeveloped body. 

There are no sheltered minutes on a crap team like the Canucks.  

We don't have the depth to baby him.  

If he is on the team, he is going in the deep end, and we play in the pacific division against the big California teams. 

Do you want to risk injury because of inpatients?   I don't. 

The kid is going to be a star one day. 

It doesn't have to be tomorrow. 

We are in no hurry to bring him up, and another year in JR would. E great for his developement. 

But again, if he is ready, let's do it!

Archived