The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Arizona Coyotes will not re-sign Shane Doan. Oliver Ekman-Larsson to be named captain.

6 hours ago, N7Nucks said:

Mentor's are overrated? Tell that to Hedman and Ohlund or Crosby and Lemieux.

Its great if thr on your team already but to go and specifically sign one is a total waste. We have great mentors in the sedins. Also i ment to say Doan was over-rated. 

• 4 weeks later...

Arizona Coyotes owner Andrew Barroway apologized for how the Shane Doan situation was handled, but reiterates that it was the right time to move on.

“What happened with Shane, I have to take some responsibility for,” Barroway said, according to AZCentral.com.

“Shane’s a bedrock of this community, and a pillar in the Valley for, you know, since we came here. I think we made the right hockey decision with Shane – I’m confident we did. But I certainly – in retrospect, I should’ve flown out and met with him myself and told him that, and for that I’m sorry.

“I apologize to Shane and the fans. I definitely could’ve done that better. With that said, it’s time to move forward.”

On 6/21/2017 at 8:03 AM, tas said:

how many more examples do you have?

On 6/21/2017 at 9:52 AM, captainhorvat said:

Its great if thr on your team already but to go and specifically sign one is a total waste. We have great mentors in the sedins. Also i ment to say Doan was over-rated. 

Sundin & Kesler albeit briefly was a cool ticket sales / mentor signing

Archived