The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Rights to Tryamkin to, well, anyone who will bite

This big guy isn't doing anything for the Vancouver franchise but like most players, he will realize he wants to challenge himself in the best league in the world and given how young he is, and the relative fast development he showed, the likelihood he tries it again is reasonable.   Some teams are better with certain international players than others (Canucks always seem to have leaned to Swedish players, for example) so what about floating the concept out there to see if a 2nd or 3rd pick could be garnered from a team willing to take that risk?   

So you start by saying how young and valuable he is and how he'll no doubt want to come back to the NHL; we all saw how valuable he was and where he was trending to in regards to player development, then you suggest we simply offer him off for whatever anyone will give us?

Rather just keep him the same way we did Rodin and wait it out instead of just throwing him away for scraps.  I'd rather wait it out and hope for the best with that kind of enticing physical monster instead of just throwing him to the wolves for nothing

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

This big guy isn't doing anything for the Vancouver franchise but like most players, he will realize he wants to challenge himself in the best league in the world and given how young he is, and the relative fast development he showed, the likelihood he tries it again is reasonable.   Some teams are better with certain international players than others (Canucks always seem to have leaned to Swedish players, for example) so what about floating the concept out there to see if a 2nd or 3rd pick could be garnered from a team willing to take that risk?   

He didn't like living in another country, didn't really try to learn the language, his new wife didn't like it here either.  I believe he will be very happy to play out his career in his own country. Not everyone is able too, or wants to live outside of their country.

50 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I would think the value would only decline over time.   Anyway, getting something is better than getting nothing.    

Unless it's an opportunity lost.

I would rather hang on to him and maybe get nothing rather than getting a bag of pucks and see him return and prosper elsewhere.

Quite possible he doesn't return, but I still think the Canucks should keep his rights. I would hate to trade his rights to another team and then he comes back in a year and destroys. Would be tough playing against him, he may want revenge. You never know, the NHL is the best league in the world and he might want to give it another Try.

Rodin,  Cedarholm,  Radulov,  Kovalchuk,  there is precident for guys coming back.   As mentioned,  his value is more to us than anyone else so why take a low-ball offer which is surely all that'll be presented anyway?

Keep him as an asset...I would think at the very least 50/50 that he returns to NA at some point.

Keep dialogue open with him and his representatives and work on bridging the gap. We aren't going anywhere the next couple years with or without him.

Look at adding Nichuskins rights in a Tanev trade....bring em both back in a couple years when things are starting to turn around.

2 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

IMG_0611.GIF.3425aa151891190d891eedb5142c300d.GIF

Archived