The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[SIGNING] Canucks sign D'Aoust to ELC

Agoork

11 minutes ago, samurai said:

Dude like that jersey, what is the deal with it?

Just one I designed a while back.  I used the Colorado retro jersey as a template and changed the colours etc, and added diagonal stripes on the arm (could form a V if viewed from front and back). 

Decent Gamble from lat years prospect camp.

Alexis D’Aoust (QMJHL)

Bio:

• Birthplace: Trois-Rivieres, Quebec, Canada
  • Frame: 6’0″, 196 lbs.
  • Position: RW
  • Handedness: R
  • Team: Shawinigan Cataractes
  • Accomplishments/Awards: CHL Scholastic Player of Year (15/16), QMJHL Second All-Star Team (15/16), QMJHL Scholastic Player of the Year (15/16)

Stats:

PGPS N PGPS S PGPS % PGPS P/GP PGPS R
163 22 13.5% 0.482 0.065

D’aoust is the most intriguing players among the forwards invited to this year’s camp, and pGPS agrees with 13.5% of D’Aoust matches going onto becoming NHL regulars. It’s also impressive that the success matches to the young forward averaged 0.48 PPG at the NHL level. (similar level to Carcone)

D’Aoust saw an explosion in offence this past season playing alongside two 2015 NHL draft selections in Anthony Beauvillier and Dennis Yan, taking the place vacated by Christophe Lalonde.

He finished the season with the fourth most goals (44) and points (98) in the QMJHL.

Given how many overage players were taken in the 2016 NHL Entry draft, it is a bit surprising that someone didn’t take a flyer on D’Aoust. He skates well, has a good shot and very good hockey sense. He wasn’t riding the coattails of Beauvillier and Yan, but fit in very well with the two.

Utica is in need of some offensive minded players for next season, and D’Aoust is someone who may be worth inviting to Young Stars in September, and then possibly go from there. He has the skill-set and size to be worth a long look.

41 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Which is kinda too bad, I liked Skille, and Grenier. 

Ya, Skille is good on the 4th line.

Grenier doesn't seem to think the game fast enough at the NHL level.  It's disappointing because he has the skills.  

They have to make room for players who have a chance to make it to the highest level.

34 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Indeed it's a 1 year contract..

I am confused with this signing. The 1st post says the Canucks signed him to an ELC and then this post says he has signed with Utica. Which is it? I hope it is a Utica signing so his contract does not count against our 50. Would this also be why they can get around the current roster freeze period? 

2 hours ago, Agoork said:

Just one I designed a while back.  I used the Colorado retro jersey as a template and changed the colours etc, and added diagonal stripes on the arm (could form a V if viewed from front and back). 

LOVE it . . .   Wish it was the skate jersey and those colours.  If it was, I'd buy it!!!!!

1 hour ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Which is kinda too bad, I liked Skille, and Grenier. 

Skille was filler (or fille´ if you prefer) and Grenier always bugged me, how can you play so invisibly for such a big guy? 

Archived