The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: Texas Chainsaw Massacre [Townies Win!!!]

T-rex930

Reference this if you don't understand sheriff cover.

SHERIFF COVER

Since there is no PMing the sheriff needs to find a way to reveal the investigation results without actually claiming. We can't run the risk of them keeping quiet because if they die before dropping investigation results we lose valuable information. I suggest that we all provide sheriff cover by leaving hypothetical investigation results, allowing the real sheriff to reveal their results without actually claiming. The ENTIRE Town needs to be on board with this plan otherwise the mafia will have a narrow search region in their sheriff hunt. These hypothetical investigation results don't need to be revealed immediately and not even necessarily on this day phase, but everyone should do this at some point. 

Leaving sheriff cover: Peeks can be left in any way you choose as long as it is clear which players are the peeks. This can be done subtly or by outright declaring the peek. 

E.g. TL was investigated as town.

TL is my D1 investigation and he's town

Or if I wanted to be more discrete:

Town:

TL

Towny:

Scummy:

Believable cover: The major part of this is that you need to actually look like a potential sheriff. If you leave poor cover or make it obvious you aren't the sheriff then you're doing the mafia a favour. 

First of all the peeks need to be believable. Pick an investigation on a player that makes sense as an investigation. Second of all, don't ever drop the cover unless you absolutely have to. And don't do things that make your cover look fake. E.g. throwing shade on a player you peeked as town. 

You should also try to be accurate with these peeks because any incorrect peeks will obviously remove you from the pool of potential sheriffs. This is why it is usually best to wait until later in the round to drop peeks or even until D2 if need be. 

I think this covers most of it. 

Archived