Canucks Community

(Proposal) Making the retool work

TO BUF

Baertschi

TO VAN

Kane

2nd

Reason Canucks do it?

Kane has taking some criticism for his off ice issues but there's one thing you can't deny, the kid can score goals. The fact he can hit and agitate opposition while scoring so many goals is great for the team especially if we get into the playoffs. Baertschi is a solid young skilled playmaker, but with Goldobin, Dahlen, and Virtanen eventually breaking through I don't see a top 6 spot for Baertschi in the future. We sell high on Baertschi and get a hometown stud in Kane and also get a 3rd 2nd round pick for the draft.

Why Buffalo does it?

Kane has made it known he has interest in a homecoming and Buffalo knows this. Will there be a better offer on the table for Kane than Baertschi? I highly doubt it and I think Buffalo takes it and runs.

TO TBL

Edler

Sjs 4th

7th

TO VAN

1st

Why Vancouver does it?

We need to clear up some cap after acquiring Kane. Dmen are going for a premium and a rebuilding/retooling team should take advantage of that. A mid first for an aging Dman that will no longer be in his prime when we are contenders is good asset management. 

Why Tampa does it?

Tampa has been a serious contender since Stamkos arrived but have not been able to hoist the cup. Their offence and goaltending have been a very strong part of their game and their D has been pretty good to. Their window is slowly closing and they need someone with Edlers experience to help them past the Caps and Pens. A mid first in a weak draft or a seasoned vet with Stanley Cup experience that plays hard minutes? Plus there is a small chance that 1 or maybe even both the late round picks they get turn out better than that Mid first. I'd take it if I was Tampa. Maybe we have to retain a bit of cap but if so, we do it.

TO NJD

5th OA

BUF 2nd

CLB 2nd

Rodin

TO VAN

1st OA

Draft Hischier at #1

Maybe Makar or another suprise Dman falls to us at #17

Resign Miller 3 years at 3M per

Next year's lines

Kane Horvat Boeser

Sedin Sedin Goldobin

Dahlen Sutter Eriksson

Virtanen Hischier Granlund 

Hutton Tanev

Juolevi Gudbranson

Pedan Stecher

Biega Subban 

Miller

Marky

Future lines (Tryamkin returns)

Dahlen Hischier Boeser

Virtanen Horvat Goldobin

Kane Gaudette Granlund

--------- Sutter ---------

Juolevi Gudbranson

Tryamkin Stecher

Brisebois/Hutton Subban/McEneny

Demko

Garteig

- Buffalo is not adding anything to Kane for Baer when Kane's stats blow his out of the water. 

- Tampa is rumored to be parting with their 1st in a Vegas deal.

-That package does not get you 1st overall, nor does Shero intend on trading the pick as he has stated in past interviews.

3 minutes ago, Ronaldoescobar said:

No chance.

Kane >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Baer + 2nd

Kane is also far far better (at this point) than JV who needs a few more years at least, in the AHL before he joins the nucks in a bottom 6 role. 

They can always lose him to us when he becomes a UFA. I'd take Baertschi if I was them

Just now, Hortankin said:

More than Baertschi as a rental?

I think so but that is based on Bear's value right now. Should he improve on last seasons performance than they may look back at it being a deal they should have made. Of course we dont know yet if the team or players that Bear is lined up with be any better next season. 

I don't want Kane and I'm pretty sure Benning doesn't either. Benning has said time and time again that he's focused on getting players who are character guys. Kane would stick out like a sore thumb in the Canuck locker room.

I'm also not willing to sell Baertschi yet. I think he's got some untapped potential left in him.

2 hours ago, Hortankin said:

They can always lose him to us when he becomes a UFA. I'd take Baertschi if I was them

We could also lose Kane when he becomes a UFA after tradeing for him.  We should keep Baertschi then just sign Kane July 2018 if at all.

I doubt Buffalo would bite anyways ...they need a Dman and Kane is likely the piece going the other way.

Just now, canuckmen84 said:

We could also lose Kane when he becomes a UFA after tradeing for him.  We should keep Baertschi then just sign Kane July 2018 if at all.

I doubt Buffalo would bite anyways ...they need a Dman and Kane is likely the piece going the other way.

Edler+Baertschi+5th OA

For

Kane+Reinhart

Then try Tanev for 3rd OA add a bit if needed?

1 minute ago, Hortankin said:

Edler+Baertschi+5th OA

For

Kane+Reinhart

Then try Tanev for 3rd OA add a bit if needed?

Fair value...i think . But does Buffalo want an ageing Edler  ? I would think no as they are rebuilding aswell all be it much further ahead of us.

I would say sub Edler with Hutton but i would hate to lose hutty. 

Then again we could just draft Glass keep Baertschi keep hutton and sign Kane in July 2018 trade Tanev for the 3rd draft Makar and we are styleing

Archived