The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Shea Theodore to Vegas per Mackenzie (ANA-VGK)

Toews

4 minutes ago, timberz21 said:

Wishing JB has a side deal with Vegas to pick up Theodore....but at 21 years old, I'm pretty sure he'll be one of the foundation LV build their defense around.

Exactly. Got to hope that some deals can be made with Vegas after the draft but unfortunately we have almost no value to trade with. I've had Theodore in my books since he was drafted as a guy we should go after and now he's really going to breakout if he gets give consistent NHL minutes.

13 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

The real side deal is the one LV owner made with the league to rig the ED system so they can exploit every team with a good prospect pool. 

That's what $500million gets you nowadays.

Vegas is then going then flip the players they pick up in expansion for more picks,prospects. Vegas sure won the jackpot I doubt the rules would have allowed a Canadian expansion team to end up with the wealth and depth vegas.

if Quebec gets and expansion team the rules will change.

6 minutes ago, combover said:

Vegas is then going then flip the players they pick up in expansion for more picks,prospects. Vegas sure won the jackpot I doubt the rules would have allowed a Canadian expansion team to end up with the wealth and depth vegas.

if Quebec gets and expansion team the rules will change.

Burrows said that the NHLPA wanted to make it even more generous for Vegas.  They wanted to give them the #1 pick as well as guaranteeing a high draft pick for several years after the expansion.  He explained that the issue when a team is not competitive - it comes out of their pocket via revenue sharing. 

The league learned from their mistake last time where the expansion fee was only 80M but teams struggled out of the gate.  Owners/players lose money when a team is not competitive.

1 hour ago, Fanuck said:

The real side deal is the one LV owner made with the league to rig the ED system so they can exploit every team with a good prospect pool. 

You can almost be certain that the league is sending a CLEAR message to future owners by the way they have favorably adjusted the expansion process for LV.  The message is - pay us our ridiculous money and we'll make sure you're competitive right away and for the future as well.  Past expansion teams got royally hosed by comparison.  The Sharks for example took almost a decade of futility before they became even a .500 club - LV will be competitive way before that because of this ED/Entry Draft Lottery adjustments. 

You can be sure the league wants Seattle, Portland, Quebec City, ect......to be getting their ducks in order and lining up to pay the NHL....

9 minutes ago, mll said:

Burrows said that the NHLPA wanted to make it even more generous for Vegas.  They wanted to give them the #1 pick as well as guaranteeing a high draft pick for several years after the expansion.  He explained that the issue when a team is not competitive - it comes out of their pocket via revenue sharing. 

The league learned from their mistake last time where the expansion fee was only 80M but teams struggled out of the gate.  Owners/players lose money when a team is not competitive.

I hope we see if that's holds true if a Canadian city gets a chance. I think the rules will be changed. 

The league has gone with extremes,  before it was extremely hard to make a competative team now its extremely easy. 

A canadian team would/will not be given the golden ticket the league has handed vegas. 

Look how hard it is to get a team in Canada where the market is strong, near impossible nhlpa shouldn't be worried about a new team not being able to sell hype and hope they should be worried about the propped up leeches that have lived off revenue  sharing for years. 

Quebec could get a full on dud the areana would be packed, Vegas needs to be born winning in order to make a go doesn't that tell you everything you need to know about the "hockey market". 

1 hour ago, -Stammer- said:

This isn't a good move for the Ducks. GM's are really concerned over losing one player, I feel like they might regret some of these trades next year

I agree, take the hit and move on.

14 minutes ago, combover said:

I hope we see if that's holds true if a Canadian city gets a chance. I think the rules will be changed. 

The league has gone with extremes,  before it was extremely hard to make a competative team now its extremely easy. 

A canadian team would/will not be given the golden ticket the league has handed vegas. 

Look how hard it is to get a team in Canada where the market is strong, near impossible nhlpa shouldn't be worried about a new team not being able to sell hype and hope they should be worried about the propped up leeches that have lived off revenue  sharing for years. 

Quebec could get a full on dud the areana would be packed, Vegas needs to be born winning in order to make a go doesn't that tell you everything you need to know about the "hockey market". 

The concern about Quebec is Montreal.  Montreal would lose fans and corporate sponsorship.  They did a study some time ago and apparently most local corporates said they would not increase their investments but rather spread it over both teams. 

Archived