The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Hossa done for the year, if not for good

14 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

Or throw a smokescreen over a cunning plot to avoid Buttman's cap recapture penalty?

Mind you? Lou could get picked up by Vegas. Get hepatitis from a paper cut dealing cards that had been passed in...

Poof they're both eligible for LTIR! :frantic:

Curious that the condition has advanced to the stage where he can't play next year just as his payout drops to $one million for the next four years.

We'd never get away with a maneuver like this; let's see if Bettman let's Chicago of the hook here. Should be interesting to say the least.

3 hours ago, skolozsy2 said:

I can totally understand how, depending on the ruling, this will benefit Hossa...but in no way can the Hawks benefit.  They will never replace his offensive production or defensive capabilities.....at least, not anytime soon.  And if they do find a replacement, it will cost them dearly since it will have to be mid year deal when values are high.  They will now have to pay a king's ransom to HOPEFULLY get another Hossa.

The Hawks already benefited. They won 3 cups with him, partially due to his cap hit being only 5.275 million, even though his salary was 7.9 million for 7 years straight.

16 minutes ago, Salmonberries said:

Curious that the condition has advanced to the stage where he can't play next year just as his payout drops to $one million for the next four years.

We'd never get away with a maneuver like this; let's see if Bettman let's Chicago of the hook here. Should be interesting to say the least.

I'm sure he does have an ailment. They would have done their diligence with a doctor. A team of Doctor's...

In the end the ailment was just more tolerable for $4 or $6 mill than it is for one.

Edit: ^^ Apparently $7.9 mill.

2 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

I'm sure he does have an ailment. They would have done their diligence with a doctor. A team of Doctor's...

In the end the ailment was just more tolerable for $4 or $6 mill than it is for one.

Well, $7.9 million buys some damned good salve.

5 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

recchi.0.jpg

8 hours ago, skolozsy2 said:

Uh, well yeah, i guess you'll have to spell it out for me...

How exactly do the Hawks replace their 26 goal 3rd line player?  (Let's presume the team is trying to actually win, not just trying to make a buck)  They planned on this, yet left themselves no cap space????  Why?  Not sure, but i dont think the Hawks can use that money until 2018 because they cant LTIR Hossa until the season actually starts.

Not saying the Hawks planned this at all but I am sure many here are willing to be the NHL let's the Hawks off easily with regards to any form of recapture penalties. 

Though, I'd be fine with this as long as the NHL can extend the same gesture to other teams including The Canucks.

Hoax-a. City that gave you Black Sox, & now Blackhawk garbage-scandals.

Then some league apologists pop up here to try & explain these antics.

Bettman & Hillarity(dems)-apologists sounding more in-concert, more alike every day.

It WAS a great league..way back when.

56 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

Not saying the Hawks planned this at all but I am sure many here are willing to be the NHL let's the Hawks off easily with regards to any form of recapture penalties. 

Though, I'd be fine with this as long as the NHL can extend the same gesture to other teams including The Canucks.

I'll reserve my comments about the league's ruling until there's a league ruling.

But i personally dont think any team should face a recapture penalty.  The contracts were signed and approved by the league because they were within the league's rules at the time.  I think its BS that the league is punishing teams retroactively for contracts that they themselves had even approved.

7 hours ago, apollo said:

Stan or Scotty Bowman will make a call and make sure they are aware of this scam and allow it.

Watch Seabrook get BUSTED at the border for trying to smuggle illegal skin cream to his valiant brother in arms.

Bettman will banish both players with no cap penalty!

On 2017-06-21 at 6:19 PM, skolozsy2 said:

I can totally understand how, depending on the ruling, this will benefit Hossa...but in no way can the Hawks benefit.  They will never replace his offensive production or defensive capabilities.....at least, not anytime soon.  And if they do find a replacement, it will cost them dearly since it will have to be mid year deal when values are high.  They will now have to pay a king's ransom to HOPEFULLY get another Hossa.

I think the point is Hossa doesn't really want to be back, and if he just retires it'll cripple the team. Hence the skin thing. Replacing Hossa's production isn't the problem, avoiding getting bent over by the recapture is. This is all assuming Hossa wants to call it quits but doesn't want to hurt the team by retiring.

On 6/23/2017 at 6:02 AM, N7Nucks said:

I think the point is Hossa doesn't really want to be back, and if he just retires it'll cripple the team. Hence the skin thing. Replacing Hossa's production isn't the problem, avoiding getting bent over by the recapture is. This is all assuming Hossa wants to call it quits but doesn't want to hurt the team by retiring.

I can tell you one thing is a fact. Marian Hossa does not want to get paid 1 million dollars per year for the next 4 years playing hockey. He's done in the NHL under that contract for sure.

He signed a $63 million dollar 12 year contract. He's been paid %94 of the money over %66 length. Which is $59 million of that deal over 8 years... why would he play hockey for the last 4 years to only make 6% of the remaining dollar value? 

You can bet your house that this is a scam by the Blackhawks. It's %100 a scam job and they better not get away with it. 

Skin condition... give me a god damn break. His doctors probably diagnosed him with exzcema or something else common and they are signing off on this. 

Loved Hossa.  Watched him with the Winterhawks win a Mem Cup.  He was hurt, but still hoisted the trophy.  I always thought he never got the proper respect in Chicago. I think the Hawks will really miss Hossa, and might really start to fall off now.  

10 hours ago, Alflives said:

Loved Hossa.  Watched him with the Winterhawks win a Mem Cup.  He was hurt, but still hoisted the trophy.  I always thought he never got the proper respect in Chicago. I think the Hawks will really miss Hossa, and might really start to fall off now.  

The Hawks will miss Hossa immensely.  No way to replace him...his defense, his offense, his work ethic, his leadership...he's the kind of player that teams love to have.

I wouldn't say he never got the proper respect in Chicago, he was just always overshadowed by Toews and Kane.  Would've been nice to see the Toews, Hossa, and Saad line back together again.  

On 6/21/2017 at 8:08 AM, PlanB said:

Salary cap scam and the league will stand by and do nothing just like they did when LA scammed the league. 

Pathetic. 

yep,it's chicago,only chicago,la and boston can come up with every innovative cap bending idea.the 3 most corrupt cities in the world where the biggest crooks work for the city and the biggest cheaters run their sports teams.new england needs another super bowl as much as we need to hear another story about bilichek caught cheating or another deflate gate.robert kraft the goof who owns the patriots was whining about putin stealing his super bowl ring,he showed it to him and putin didn't give it back,lol,thats karma.

6 minutes ago, gino#29 said:

yep,it's chicago,only chicago,la and boston can come up with every innovative cap bending idea.the 3 most corrupt cities in the world where the biggest crooks work for the city and the biggest cheaters run their sports teams.new england needs another super bowl as much as we need to hear another story about bilichek caught cheating or another deflate gate.robert kraft the goof who owns the patriots was whining about putin stealing his super bowl ring,he showed it to him and putin didn't give it back,lol,thats karma.

Cool story bro.   With punctuation and a consistent train of thought, it would be golden.    How you got Hossa's aliment into a one sentence post that included Kraft, Putin and Brady is worthy of some literary prize I am most certain.   

1 hour ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Cool story bro.   With punctuation and a consistent train of thought, it would be golden.    How you got Hossa's aliment into a one sentence post that included Kraft, Putin and Brady is worthy of some literary prize I am most certain.   

when you were playing did you ever see any guys dealing with this? Not bad punctuation, Hossa's illness. 

2 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

when you were playing did you ever see any guys dealing with this? Not bad punctuation, Hossa's illness. 

Not exactly but lots of staph, fungus and other yucky crap.   Seemed some guys sweat more than others and/or were allergic to their sweat when in combo with equipment.   Being a clean freak helps but you shower in so many weird and wonderful places a second home/hotel shower was always a good idea.   Hossa sounds like he has some bad thing going down and you have to wonder if he underplayed it with team doctors over the years and it got worse.    Other problem with skin things, and thank god I was not one with, I know guys would have magic powders or creams that would work for a few weeks or even a season but after a while it stopped working.   Maybe Hossa ran out of magic treatments?

Also saw lots of bad punctuation but seemingly less related to cleanliness habits.

Archived