The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumor Vegas to get 2nd overall from Philly

Philly can be a contender now if it has a few pieces. Drafting someone at #2 means they have a player that can help them now. 

I don't see why they would they trade their 2nd overall for two first round picks that are more likely to help them down the road. 

4 minutes ago, BabychStache said:

If I'm Philly I do this all day.

6 + 15

How does this help them now? Philly, on paper, is a team with elite level players (Giroux, Simmonds, Vorachek, Mason, and Gostisbehere) if anything getting Nolan Patrick or Nico Hirscher will help them now (and even down the road)

7 minutes ago, iinatcc said:

How does this help them now? Philly, on paper, is a team with elite level players (Giroux, Simmonds, Vorachek, Mason, and Gostisbehere) if anything getting Nolan Patrick or Nico Hirscher will help them now (and even down the road)

Unless part of the deal is an established player too, who Vegas selects in the ED.

29 minutes ago, Squamfan said:

OyDP-C2l_bigger.png

Not sure if this is out there, but rumblings that #VegasGoldenKnights could acquire #2 overall pick from #Flyers via their expansion bounty

When did Sekeres think he his a inside lol trying to be relevant 

If you don't think he's relevant, then why use him as a source in a rumour? Or do you actually believe it and think it's worth discussing?

But if Vegas is making so many deals not only to let teams protect more players but also to sell off players they've picked in the expansion draft for even more assets, then the NHL hasn't done this right at all.

5 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

If you don't think he's relevant, then why use him as a source in a rumour? Or do you actually believe it and think it's worth discussing?

But if Vegas is making so many deals not only to let teams protect more players but also to sell off players they've picked in the expansion draft for even more assets, then the NHL hasn't done this right at all.

This.... the NHL should have place a trade freeze period on any expansion picks.

7 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

I don't know about that statement.  I think there is a ton of interest in the fan base, because of the way Vegas can move players around.  It's fun!

I just can't see PHI handing a potential 1C to Vegas, the cost would be nuts. But maybe McPhee has such a boatload of picks he can do it but wow, this is a crazy lopsided expansion. I doubt any team in any league has ever been front loaded like this. I doubt Buttman does this for Quebec City... I wonder how he'd weasel out of that.....

15 minutes ago, elvis15 said:

It actually has.  It hurst other owners too if Vegas is not quickly competitive. 

14 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

I just can't see PHI handing a potential 1C to Vegas, the cost would be nuts. But maybe McPhee has such a boatload of picks he can do it but wow, this is a crazy lopsided expansion. I doubt any team in any league has ever been front loaded like this. I doubt Buttman does this for Quebec City... I wonder how he'd weasel out of that.....

Haha Quebec will inherit Carolina's roster within a year or two, that's how he weasels out of it. 

49 minutes ago, S'all Good Man said:

he's trolling. And he got it off HF Boards. 

100% possible. Vegas will have insane leverage this year and picks to burn. Its actually ridiculous.  Teams should not be able to make transactions with vegas until after the expansion draft. Its guna get stupid.   

Am I the only one bothered by Rumour being spelt Rumor on title?

I dont think this expansion has been done well. Sure it is exciting for the NHL - but it seems like too much of a boost.

Or maybe this is fair and how it should be and since its new and a change I am resisting. Just seems like they are getting a really super sweet deal and will be set up for success for years.

Like they are gonna get a solid core of vets, projects, young players. Then a wealth of riches in draft picks. We shall see if they change the negotiation power for the next expansion draft for all these back door deals.

**Rumour is real I heard it on radio. They have so much trade leverage and could have 4 or 5 First round picks. Not hard to see them swinging a deal to a team not hungry for Nolan Patrick. Philly could be very happy picking up players/picks/selecting who Vegas took from expansion/ and still get a player they want at 6th etc. 

Archived