The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Expansion Draft Deals - Pseudo Confirmed

2 minutes ago, Jester13 said:

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the Knights will not be nearly as good--i.e. playoff bound--as some people think they will be. They are making deals for draft picks and prospects in order to not take teams' better players; that says to me that they are looking towards making the playoffs down the road instead of right away.

Agreed, but they will still be better than the Canucks this year and for years to come as their future will look much better than the Canucks.

I don't see them making playoffs either.  But a huge improvement over the last expansion draft in terms of quality of players available.  Whats the point of dropping close to a billy$ with league fees/arena/miscellaneous and be a bottom feeder. Teams should be injected middle of the pack.

Just now, Rocksterh8 said:

Agreed, but they will still be better than the Canucks this year and for years to come as their future will look much better than the Canucks.

Too early to tell.  You can throw a bunch of quality $&!# at a wall, doesn't mean it's gonna all stick.

2 minutes ago, taipan said:

I don't see them making playoffs either.  But a huge improvement over the last expansion draft in terms of quality of players available.  Whats the point of dropping close to a billy$ with league fees/arena/miscellaneous and be a bottom feeder. Teams should be injected middle of the pack.

Yeah, who cares about those teams that have been in the league for 40 years and never won anything. 

No rules In place to prevent vegas from taking a player on the expansion list and then offering him back to that same team for a draft pick or different prospect not on the list. 

Lots of deals to be made for sure. When Vegas picks one player from every team plus  the trades they've made they will have a 40 man roster. 

Just now, Rocksterh8 said:

Yeah, who cares about those teams that have been in the league for 40 years and never won anything. 

30 teams and if all was fair each team would win once every 30yrs. sounds dumb right.

1 minute ago, taipan said:

30 teams and if all was fair each team would win once every 30yrs. sounds dumb right.

Trust me, I know all about sports and a fair playing field. After all we know it's all about money, not playing fair. 

It's what we were taught and what our kids learn as well.

1 minute ago, Rocksterh8 said:

Trust me, I know all about sports and a fair playing field. After all we know it's all about money, not playing fair. 

It's what we were taught and what our kids learn as well.

At least the NHL isn't where the NBA is...yet

2 minutes ago, Mike Vanderhoek said:

still doesn't add up, both are 50 + pts players lol

Smith had a down year (37pts -13) and is on the books for 5 more years at 5milly.

Looks like Fla has designs on another winger to replace these 2.  I wouldn't say either are impact players and Tallon is fairly adept at trading players away with value and keeping his squad competitive.

Vegas is stock pilling picks for the next few years like I thought they would, but they will also trade a few players to get more and make sure they have more picks then any other expansion team ever did

In 5 years they will be awesome, so benning better start bringing in some high end talent

4 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Vegas is stock pilling picks for the next few years like I thought they would, but they will also trade a few players to get more and make sure they have more picks then any other expansion team ever did

In 5 years they will be awesome, so benning better start bringing in some high end talent

At this point, we have no idea

1 hour ago, taipan said:

pretty much, I see so many people already complaining it's not fair and such. Way better for the League this way. More excitement and options for a new franchise.

34 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Remember all those COL rumors... wonder if their abundance of first round picks and 4-6th dmen will pry anyone out of Denver. 

Archived