The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Expansion Draft Deals - Pseudo Confirmed

14 minutes ago, Wanless said:

Has anyone put together the total cap hit of all the players supposedly picked so far?

i ask cause im at work and cant and also because with all 30 players involved in expansion draft have to be cap complient, after the draft is finished and trades start they are allowed to be over cap the same as all other teams

this could mean that sbisa is too rich for vegas to pick up for what he offers compared to other dmen in terms of talent and trade value 

48.9 Million so far.  That doesn't count any of the side deals and other players coming over in them.  This numbers is just based on the rumoured picks so far.  I used the list from this site.

10 F

10 D

2 G

https://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2017/6/21/15848482/nhl-expansion-draft-2017-results-vegas-golden-knights-rumors-leaks-picks

13 minutes ago, peaches5 said:

Rodin is a UFA no? Why would they take him..

McPhee mentioned yesterday that they would be making a few 'throwaway picks', those that they view not worth taking or making their roster. This seems to be true as Engelland looks to be drafted, and he's a marginal talent pending UFA. It's been speculated that Vegas could use a throwaway on us, and take a guy they don't plan to re-up. 

1 minute ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

McPhee mentioned yesterday that they would be making a few 'throwaway picks', those that they view not worth taking or making their roster. This seems to be true as Engelland looks to be drafted, and he's a marginal talent pending UFA. It's been speculated that Vegas could use a throwaway on us, and take a guy they don't plan to re-up. 

Rodin could literally just sign with vancouver in a few weeks lol

27 minutes ago, stuman491 said:

48.9 Million so far.  That doesn't count any of the side deals and other players coming over in them.  This numbers is just based on the rumoured picks so far.  I used the list from this site.

10 F

10 D

2 G

https://www.sbnation.com/nhl/2017/6/21/15848482/nhl-expansion-draft-2017-results-vegas-golden-knights-rumors-leaks-picks

Thanks

and with just under 25 mill left and a mandatory 4 more forwards that could get eaten up pretty quick

im hopefull we keep sbisa to allow a tanev move

Very happy if we get to keep Gaunce. Been rooting for him for the last 5 years.

He has all the makings of a solid 3rd/4th line checker. It will be nice to finally have our own drafted and developed bottom 6 talent. He's put in all the work and deserves a shot.

15 minutes ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

In other words, Shinkaruk is worth less than a throwaway?  Waivers-eligible next year, but would have thought they might give him or Poirier a shot.

2 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

In other words, Shinkaruk is worth less than a throwaway?  Waivers-eligible next year, but would have thought they might give him or Poirier a shot.

If you want a throwaway, wouldn't it be easier to pick coming up UFA like Engelland than an RFA like Shinkaruk?

So I don't think it would be to do with value. It would be more to do with what kind of contract it is.

4 minutes ago, nickels said:

Don't know why Vegas would want Sbisa at 3.6/yr.

By not taking him, it would also signal that no other team was willing to give anything at all to acquire him in a trade from LVK.

Reading another thread, apparently they may have chosen Sbisa (or another dman), but realized they didn't have enough forwards, so then swapped with a forward.

3 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Reading another thread, apparently they may have chosen Sbisa (or another dman), but realized they didn't have enough forwards, so then swapped with a forward.

If the report is accurate, not exactly a great start for the McPhee management team.

Also there goes Sbisa's chance to hear his name called out at the NHL awards.

2 hours ago, Ossi Vaananen said:

NHLnumbers has a running list:

DC3sfM-UAAgdvzf.jpg

DC3sgf9U0AICwDi.jpg

I hven't been following the whole expansion thing very much, so I'm probably completely clueless. But that seems like a pretty $&!#ty team given the list of unprotected players I saw earlier.

Like Jack Johnson, Dumba, Enstrom, Oshie, Yakupov, Grabner, Bennett, Grigoreko, Strome,etc

I'd imagine a new franchise would want to ice the best team imaginable day 1. Not stock piling draft picks for later.

Archived