The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2017 NHL Awards and NHL Expansion Draft

3 minutes ago, vinny_in_vancouver said:

Part of me says it sucks, but there were actually a lot of Leafs jokes going around the past few years. So I just roll with it.

Aquaman and this franchise better take this to heart though.... that the league just collectively laughed at our futility at their marquee event.   

At least us vs the world isn't a new concept right

3 minutes ago, DontMessMe said:

I don't see anything wrong with that? What are people whining about? At least he's actually a Canucks fan.

People need to remember how long we've made fun of the Oilers, Leafs, and Flames for. Eventually it was gonna come back our way.

Watching it on pvr now. Can't believe Gaudreau won the lady Bing. Whining and sportsmanship are not the same thing.

A few big surprises for Vegas too. Definitely should have taken Mrazek instead of Pickard. 

Also, how about Holtby's wife eh? 

31 minutes ago, DeNiro said:

I don't see anything wrong with that? What are people whining about? At least he's actually a Canucks fan.

People need to remember how long we've made fun of the Oilers, Leafs, and Flames for. Eventually it was gonna come back our way.

I thought it was pretty funny thats why i shared it lol. 

4 hours ago, DeNiro said:

This - was funny lol

5 hours ago, edler rocks said:

Watching it on pvr now. Can't believe Gaudreau won the lady Bing. Whining and sportsmanship are not the same thing.

A few big surprises for Vegas too. Definitely should have taken Mrazek instead of Pickard. 

Also, how about Holtby's wife eh? 

I was shocked to see Johnny Hockey win that award as well..He was fined for' diving' last season.(if thats not unsportsmanlike conduct and embellishment,I don't know what is)...Also,he's got to stop constantly bitching to the refs,even on clean hits.

7 hours ago, oldnews said:

I don't think you realize the value of #4 defensemen, or what the market for them is/will be, with LV cornering it.

That lineup is pretty damn good as it is - now take the ablility to package a D and a F or pick to upgrade in a handful of places, look at the quality of depth they already have, and some good GMing before the season starts - they won't be needing to wait 4 years.  This isn't a 'rebuild'.  They are loaded with NHL ready players, picks and depth to work with.

I think you're seriously underestimating the asset value there.

Your seriously over rating what they have. They have an ok defense but if they move a D man or two then their defense will suck. They have nothing down the middle and no offensive D. They will struggle to score and are in a major rebuild. From the ground up.

Their future is based on the boat load of draft picks they acquired. 

There is no one in this year's draft who will walk in and help.

They will be a bottom-feeder with us. 

4 hours ago, Honky Cat said:

I was shocked to see Johnny Hockey win that award as well..He was fined for' diving' last season.(if thats not unsportsmanlike conduct and embellishment,I don't know what is)...Also,he's got to stop constantly bitching to the refs,even on clean hits.

I think Johnny got it based on his size and the pronunciation of his name - "Good Row".:P

10 hours ago, DeNiro said:

To you that get to live in BC, the most beautiful place in the world, or in Vancouver which is easily the best NHL city in terms of beauty, things to do etc (balance of things) - look, take the jokes.  People in Edmonton, Toronto and Calgary can turn the tables for a season or three but deep down they know you live in paradise.   Edmonton?   Really?!   Just send them a picture of you golfing in January or sailing in October sometime if they send you a "Canucks suck" joke.

Jokes go with the territory of being near the bottom of the league.   Edmonton practiced that role for a decade and it took multiple FO picks until they lucked into a superstar.    Vancouver will ride this through and without such luck still emerge quicker (IMHO) but even if they don't it is still Vancouver and no manner of joking can make up for minus a zillion, dark for four months or mosquitos that can pick up your dog.

18 hours ago, ruilin96 said:

Predictions of the 2017 NHL Awards :

Hart Memorial Trophy (MVP, voted by sports Media): Connor McDavid (Edmonton Oilers)
Ted Lidnsay Award (MVP voted by players): Sidney Crosby (Pittsburgh Penguins)
Frank J. Selke Trophy (Best defensive forward) : Patrice Bergeron (Boston Bruins)
James Norris Memorial Trophy (Best Defenceman): Brent Burns (San Jose Sharks)
Vezina Trophy (Best Goaltender): Sergei Bobrovsky (Columbus Blue Jackets)
Calder Memorial Trophy: Auston Matthews (Toronto Mapleleafs)
Jack Adams (Coach of the Year): John Tortorella (Columbus Blue Jackets)
Lady Byng Memorial Trophy (Most Sportsmanship): Valdimir Tarasenko (St. Louis Blues)
General Manager of the Year: Peter Chiarelli (Edmonton Oilers)

Tarasenko should have got it, Poile was the right choice, PC will win it next year. Why did the Canucks fire a multiple winner of coach of the year?

17 hours ago, Nucksfansince91 said:

Welcome To the team Juolevi. You are now a lock for a roster spot. Pretty pumped about this to be honest. We also freed up 2.7million which is a plus but not relevant for a rebuild but it's still a positive! 

Anyone that can skate backwards is a lock at this point, race for last.

Archived