The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] VGK receive Grabovski, 2017 1st, 2019 2nd, Bischoff from NYI

8 minutes ago, captainhorvat said:

U actually think benning an nhl gm doesnt know how to negotiate and retain players...u really are beyond next level dumb. Maybe u can tell benning how its done tonight.

Hes the GM equivalent of you as a poster...

Most recent rankings place him in the 31 spot....

5 minutes ago, nickels said:

Hes the GM equivalent of you as a poster...

Most recent rankings place him in the 31 spot....

and whose rankings are those?

1. benning

2 through 31. all the other gms

there, now he's number 1 in the most recent rankings.  

I don't know about you, but I feel a lot better now. 

Every publication who's bothered to take the time ranking NHL GMs over the past year have Jim Benning ranked dead last.

Not saying means a thing....but I highly  doubt Poile or Yzerman have ever made this type of list..

Benning is dead last in both reports...

However, as a side note...I doubt any of the authors of the articles have the league wide insight you seem to possess.

hockey-graphs.com/2017/05/04/the-2017-nhl-gm-report-card-part-3/

.thescore.com/nhl/news/1064619-ranking-the-31-nhl-general-managers

Done arguing with posters who offer nothing in the way of insight, but just criticize others posts.

Sad...

1 minute ago, King Heffy said:

I can't decide which of your posts I wanna minus.  I chose this one because every single one of your posts in this thread deserve one and it looked left out.

Another real insightful post ....do u have any original thoughts of your own ?   ever ?

Just keep grading other peoples post (and assume that they give a rats ass what you think)

Like I said ...Sad

4 minutes ago, nickels said:

Another real insightful post ....do u have any original thoughts of your own ?   ever ?

Just keep grading other peoples post (and assume that they give a rats ass what you think)

Like I said ...Sad

I think Benning did a hell of a job at the deadline to minimize what we'd have exposed while getting great returns for Burr and Hansen.  We lost a serviceable bottom pairing guy who can play on the 2nd pairing in a pinch.  He's also a UFA after the upcoming season who could have left anyway.

Instead of waiting until now to give up assets to get out of a top spot, Benning gained assets at the deadline.

1 hour ago, nickels said:

Like I said ...Sad

You sound familiar, but I can't quite put my tiny hands on it.

11 hours ago, nickels said:

Ya...defend Benning.

i've never seen anyone seem so out of his element as Benning does compared to other GM's.

Based on his recent 31st GM ranking...doesn't seem like I'm the only one who feels this way

Well Garth Snow just put this doozy through so I don't know how credible that list was...

2 hours ago, Li'l Fra said:

How does Snow still have a job? He knows they were only going to lose one player right? Holy crap!

The only thing that matters to the Islanders right now is convincing Tavares to extend. To do that, they are likely going to go hard for some offensive talent (rumours have linked them to Eberle, and even Kovalchuk). These types of players are crazy expensive - UNLESS you have room to take their full cap hit.

Snow not only ensured that none of his valuable young players were selected (Nelson, Bailey, De Haan, etc., etc.), but he cleared $5 mil of cap on a decent but oft-injured player. Although granted, the price ended up a bit high, it's not completely nonsensical... ...like the Florida Panthers.

Archived