The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2017-2018 line up (with what we have)

Caniners77

13 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Juiolevi is not allowed to play in Utica yet.  It's either in London or here.

or abroad.  His junior team was the U20 of Jokerit.   Maybe he could play for the main team.

On ‎2017‎-‎06‎-‎22 at 8:13 AM, combover said:

Yeah cause when the entire team (aside from the kids where ten goals is a career high) has career worsts it must be something else......lowest scoring team franchise history ...again. Back to back records nope defiantly couldnt be the coaching......

Didn't we have like 7 AHL guys playing at forward, one of them a defnesman.  Way past their prime Sedins, no coach can squeeze more blood from that stone.  Other than a couple of exceptions, this was and will be a soft team with guys way past their prime or not in it yet.  

Our ex coaches are winning coach of the year and Stanley Cups.  I'm not saying Willie is great but he wasn't the problem.  

15 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Damn, well, another year in London I guess.

I don't really think he'll benefit much from another year in London. The rule not allowing him to play in the AHL yet really is stupid - its curbing a lot of players development by making them choose between a stagnant year or a rushed year, neither of which are good for the player.

ya I hate the rule where prospects have to go back to junior , a new rule should be one year only of junior after you have been drafted

but I think our line up will change as Benning might sign an UFA for D and maybe trade to get another or better forward for our top 6

Realistic Lines will be something like... Remember Green is coach, he may keep lines together longer than 1 game to gain chemistry

Baer, Horvat, Boeser

Sedin, Sedin, Eriksson

Granlund, Sutter, Virtanen/Rodin

Boucher, Cram, Dorsett

Edler, Tanev

Hutton, Gud

Holm/Pedan, Stecher

46 minutes ago, hlinkas wrister said:

Virtanen makes about as much sense with the twins as Megna

Virtanen will never play with the twins....has looked completely out of place every shift with them.

They need a cerebral player with speed who can cycle and retrieve pucks...

Have said many times, I really like rotating players with them during a game. Thinks creates match up problems for the opposition

(maybe not as much now as they've slowed down...but always thought different looks from them was beneficial)

Eriksson    Bo       Boeser

Sedin       Sedin     Sutter

Baer      Granlund   Rodin/Virt/Dorsett/Boucher

R/V/D/B    Gaunce    R/V/D/B

Goldie/Dahlen ??Cram

*Sutter still plays a lot of C (PK/Def siyuations/certain match ups)

**if no trades

Edler      Stetcher

Juolevi    Tanev

Hutton     Gudbran

(Pedan/Subban/ Mc)

Markstrom

Bachman

2 hours ago, Johnny Torts said:

I can't wait to see Granlund's progression next year. 

Excited to see all the young guys actually.

Yeah, looking forward to seeing if Granlund can continue on where he left off from last year and with two healthy hands I can see him reaching 20 goals. 

3 hours ago, Caniners77 said:

Boesser Horvat Baertchi

Dahlen Granlund Goldobin

Sedin Sedin Virtanen

Boucher Sutter Eriksson

Cramarossa (13)

IR - Dorset, Rodin, Gaunce

Edler Gudbranson

Tanev joulevi

Hutton Stetcher

Holm Biega

Markstrom

Bacman

Not a hope that Dahlen is NHL ready.    CDC seem to think he is something he is not.   He is a great prospect but not an elite one and not one that is ready for rigors of NHL physicality.   I have watched that league live a number of times.   It is good hockey but is far below the AHL in terms of compete level and certainly physical level.   He will need a season or two in AHL to get accustomed.   If he is in NHL at all this season, that would be a shock.

3 minutes ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Loving the look of that first line, can't wait to see a full season of them together. 

It's going to be even more fun to watch once more of our young guys start cracking the lineup, including whoever we draft this year.

Dahlen- Glass/Vilardi- Goldobin anyone? Yum.

(1) Baertchi - Horvat - Eriksson 

(2) Sedin - Sedin - Goldobin 

(3) Boucher - Sutter - Boesser

(4) Dorsett - Gaunce - Granlund

(1) Edler - Stecher 

(2) Hutton - Tanev

(3) Joulevi - Gudbranson 

Extra - Subban 

(1) Markstrom 

(2) UFA 

That's my ideal line up with this team. No room for Chaput , Megna , biega , pedan . We need skill , we need to put the puck in the net a hell of a lot more than the past 3 seasons. 

1 hour ago, 48MPHSlapShot said:

Baer-Bo-Boeser

Daniel- Henrik-Goldy

Granlund- Sutter- Erikksson

Boucher- Gaunce- Dorsett

Edler- Stetcher

Juolevi- Tanev

Hutton- Guddy

Markstrom

Bachman

Accurate....but man is that a soft roster. I could prob see virtanen in for boucher.

52 minutes ago, mll said:

or abroad.  His junior team was the U20 of Jokerit.   Maybe he could play for the main team.

that's not a bad idea.  He's done with development in junior.  I still see him with the Canucks next season, on a bottom pair with Gudbranson as his body guard.

1 hour ago, RetroCanuck said:

I would have Boeser in Utica to start the year and give Rodin/Boucher a shot. Let Boeser develop for a couple months in Utica and then bring him up when Canucks make trades/injuries. Why rush Boeser in when we are going to suck regardless.

Considering Boesser was one of our best players during his call up, producing at a thirty plus goal clip, he deserves at least a shot to start the season.  Maybe Green decides he needs more development but college stars translate better than junior ones and another summer of training is only going to make him stronger and ready to play.

3 hours ago, Gollumpus said:

Oh why not go for full troll and put the Sedins on the 4th line?

regards,  G.

This. They are still our first line until proven otherwise. 

Man our D really took a hit losing Luca and that russian dude

47 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

Not a hope that Dahlen is NHL ready.    CDC seem to think he is something he is not.   He is a great prospect but not an elite one and not one that is ready for rigors of NHL physicality.   I have watched that league live a number of times.   It is good hockey but is far below the AHL in terms of compete level and certainly physical level.   He will need a season or two in AHL to get accustomed.   If he is in NHL at all this season, that would be a shock.

The sound of reason is probably falling on deaf ears.  Dahlen was Ottawas fifth best prospect and didn't crack the top hundred best in the world....and the province wrote an article suggesting he's better than pretty much everyone, including four of our guys that were in the top hundred.  I hope the experts are wrong and we absolutely fleeced Ottawa.  He's our new toy, but it's unlikely he's better than all the rest.

3 minutes ago, IBatch said:

The sound of reason is probably falling on deaf ears.  Dahlen was Ottawas fifth best prospect and didn't crack the top hundred best in the world....and the province wrote an article suggesting he's better than pretty much everyone, including four of our guys that were in the top hundred.  I hope the experts are wrong and we absolutely fleeced Ottawa.  He's our new toy, but it's unlikely he's better than all the rest.

I was not aware of that information  you provided but it confirms what I could see with my own eyes watching that league in person.   Anyway, I hope the kid does well but he is a long way from a lock to get a sniff in NHL let alone anytime soon.

Archived