The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] VGK trade Trevor Van Riemsdyk to CAR for 2nd round pick and 7th round pick

• Adarsh Sant changed the title to [Trade] VGK trade Trevor Van Riemsdyk to CAR
Just now, NUCKER67 said:

Too bad for TVR. Was on a very good team in CHI, then was selected to start with a new franchise in exciting Las Vegas, and now is traded to a team that sucks and few people care about.

Carolina is actually a pretty good young team. They have decent depth down the middle with Staal and Rask. Sebastian Aho is something special, and Elias Lindholm is a beast. Oh yeah, and did I mention their top 4? One of the best young D cores in the league. 

Carolina should push for a playoff spot this year, and really, they aren't that far off from where Toronto was last summer. 

37 minutes ago, NUCKER67 said:

Too bad for TVR. Was on a very good team in CHI, then was selected to start with a new franchise in exciting Las Vegas, and now is traded to a team that sucks and few people care about.

Next season he could be playing for the Quebec City Hurricanes.B)

• Adarsh Sant changed the title to [Trade] VGK trade Trevor Van Riemsdyk to CAR for 2nd round pick and 7th round pick
51 minutes ago, Bigturk8 said:

I guess the "Done deal" in the tweet from the reputable source threw me off. My bad then.

TVR to Carolina trade call completed. Canes send late second round pick to Vegas. Carolina also gets 7th Rd pick

that's what I call official 

30 minutes ago, coryberg said:

TVR to Carolina trade call completed. Canes send late second round pick to Vegas. Carolina also gets 7th Rd pick

that's what I call official 

Lol here we go. 

I honestly think this is a fair deal. I can't imagine Tanevs value being more than just a first. The expansion draft really sank the value. 

Archived