The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(New) Time Capsule - Prediction Thread for 2017-18 NHL season

Canorth

Horvat gets a 7x7mil contract, finishes with 60+ points.

Goldobin plays well with the Baertchi and Horvat line, as does Granlund with the Sedins.

Sedins bounce back providing 50+ each. Eriksson makes himself comfortable and contributes well on the 3rd line. 

Juolevi gets sent back to the OHL and Boeser sent to Utica to avoid the wildlife of the Canucks (Gets games due to injuries.

Bottom five team (Last in the Pacific)

Win the lottery (My bets on 2nd overall)

I predict the Canucks perform well up until December, where they go on a losing streak or sustain a major injury to a key player. Confidence tanks, FA singings get sold at the deadline for underrated prospects and we draft in the top 10. Im gonna say 27th in the League, 6th in the pacific.

On 2017-06-22 at 6:46 PM, Brad Marchand said:

Brock Boeser will play his first game of the season in Utica, then be immediately called up and never sent down again. numb3r 16 then will have to change his username to IReallyLoveMen10:

Boeser will be in the opening line up. Gauren-damn-teed.

Hi-lights

- Horvat hits 60+ points, Granny, Brock and Eriksson crack 20 goals, Stecher voted Canucks top D man with 35 points , earns rich long term contract, Virtanen cracks line up out of training camp and becomes a staple on the third line, causing fans to raved about Benning,  and that excellent #6 pick in 2014!

Lo-lights

- Canucks end up bottom 5 (could be hi-light) , Henrik injury forces him and Daniel into retirement (fans quickly move on), Marky/ Nillson are the weak link on the team with neither taking the reigns as the #1 (Demko talk heats up for 2018-19 as the starter and favorite Calder winner)

Canucks improve under coach Green,but fall short of making the playoffs...don't get a top 5 pick....Probably picking around 9-12 (unless we win the lottery)...

Will definitely be a lot more entertaining than what we've seen in the last few years.but inevitably veering into the territory of 'no mans land'....The 2017-18 Canucks will not be bad enough to acquire a game changing asset in the draft,or be good enough to be a playoff team. 

1 minute ago, Honky Cat said:

Canucks improve under coach Green,but fall short of making the playoffs...don't get a top 5 pick....Probably picking around 9-12 (unless we win the lottery)...

Will definitely be a lot more entertaining than what we've seen in the last few years.but inevitably veering into the territory of 'no mans land'....The 2017-18 Canucks will not be bad enough to acquire a game changing asset in the draft,or be good enough to be a playoff team. 

Your scenario is the worse possible finish for our rebuild.  We need to draft top five (three is better) for a couple more drafts.  Our current group of future core guys are not good enough to be consistently competing at the top of the league.  

This will be a hard team to read. Lots of changes, and if the Sedins bounce back , even somewhat they easily could be a playoff team. If they are coached like the last (since Torts) they will miss the play-offs. If the coach adapts and makes changes when things are not working maybeeven separating the twins  now and then we could see a balanced line up. But I predict they make the playoffs with a few points to spare. Thinking about San Jose sharks when everyone thought they we're done.  I can see both Edmonton and Calgary staying about the same. But everything depends on health. A couple teams that are expected to do well will falter leaving spots open.

They are in the playoff hunt right up until January/February but finish 25th in the league after getting pooped on by injuries again, cause Canucks. Then they draft 5th overall again, cause like I said; Canucks. BUT Big Jim takes destiny into his own hands and trades up to 1st overall like a G. (last part is more a joke than a real prediction)

Wow, I have never seen a thread like this with a time lock.  So many of you just have reserved....hurry hurry?

So Canucks.  Better team, but no playoffs.  The Albertas are both going to be stronger teams, as well as Ducks.  Leaving the other 2 California teams and teams from the central taking the wildcards.  Canucks can finish anywhere in the bottom 12, very hard to guess this, until we at least see what the new coach decides to do.  Basically a pretty dull year for the Canucks.

I predict a BOA either first or second round, with the winner of that going on to the finals.  Where the Penguins take it again for the east.  

McDavid takes all scoring crowns, with like 40-70-110.

On 9/5/2017 at 6:57 PM, Canucks-12 said:

Vancouver Canucks are your 2017/2018 Stanley Cup champions.

Love the optimism!. I predict Coach Green will have playoff ambitions. If the Sedins bounce back and others step up and all bounces going the Canuck's way the team could make the playoffs. Not a bad thing to get to the post season to see where the short falls are. Glad we have a new coach though...... God speed Coach Green!

Boeser makes the team out of training camp.

Demko improves on last season in the AHL, gets called up for a game or two due to injury at the end of the season. Starts a game.

The Sedins are Canucks at the end of the season.

We all collectively salivate at the thought of a bulked up Pettersson making his NHL debut.

My Predictions:

Canucks position: between 8 - 10; if we make the Playoffs - 2nd in 6 Games

Most Points: Horvat (round about 60P)

Most Goals: Vanek/ Boeser (both round about 25G)

Most Assists: Henrik/ Gagner (both round about 30A)

Best +/-: Edler (round about +30)

Goalies: Markstrom (48GP - 2,3, 91,8%) Nilsson (30GP - 2,8, 90,8%), Demko (3GP - 2,6, 92%), Bachman (1GP - 2,9, 90,5%)

Best FO %: Horvat (round about 56%)

Most hits: Gudbranson (rd. about 200), Virtanen (rd. about 170)

Most PIM: Gudbranson (rd. about 120)

Most TOI: Edler (rd. about 25min/game)

Biggest surprise: Virtanen, Burmistrov (both rd. about 30P) and Edler (best +/-, 2nd most hits from our D)

Babe Pratt Trophy: Edler

Cyclone Taylor Trophy: Horvat

Cyrus H. McLean Trophy: Horvat

Fred J. Hume Award: Granlund

Molson Cup: Edler

Pavel Bure Most Exciting Player Award: Virtanen

Archived