The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Coyotes and Dave Tippett mutually agree to part ways

GLENDALE, ARIZONA --- Arizona Coyotes Owner, Chairman and Governor Andrew Barroway announced today that the Coyotes and Head Coach Dave Tippett have mutually agreed to part ways. A search for a new head coach will begin immediately. 

"On behalf of the entire Coyotes organization, I would like to sincerely thank Tip for all of his hard work and the many contributions he made to our organization," said Barroway. "Tip is a man of high character and we are very grateful for his leadership during his tenure as our head coach. Ultimately, we have some philosophical differences on how to build our team. Therefore, we mutually agreed that it is in everyone's best interest to have a coaching change in order to move our franchise forward."

"After some thoughtful discussions with Andy, we both agreed that it was best for me to move on," said Tippett. "I have thoroughly enjoyed my time with the Coyotes and wish Andy and the entire organization all the best in the future."

Tippett was named the 17th head coach in franchise history on September 24, 2009 and compiled a 282-257-83 record with the team. 

https://www.nhl.com/coyotes/news/coyotes-and-tippett-part-ways/c-290078552

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Report] Coyotes and Dave Tippett on verge of parting ways
5 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

Weird.  I thought this happened a while ago.  Must have dreamed it.

Mandela effect!

I wonder why they couldn't have come to a decision on this earlier.  Making this decision now will make it harder for the Coyotes to find a coach I'd imagine and harder to find a job for Tippet.

• -Vintage Canuck- changed the title to [Report] Coyotes and Dave Tippett mutually agree to part ways

Mutually? So, John wants to build a team a certain way, Dave doesn't like what he's doing and has a difference of opinion on how it should be built. Solution - Dave is out of a job. 

15 minutes ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

We should have waited to hire our new coach, Tippett is one of the best in the league. He was left with absolute rubble to deal with last season and still got pretty good seasons out of a lot of the kids. He'll have success wherever he goes.

Or... we can hire him for Utica and when Greener gets canned in a few years, Tippett can join us!

I guess coach getting fired is the norm when he doesn't see eye to eye with the GM but I'm still skeptical of this guy John Chayka. Not sure what this guy did that was so  impressive. So little is known about that video analysis software company he co-founded but I wonder if what they do is legit.

Archived