The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] COL-VAN

Different angle for sure but JB wants a 1st and a warm NHL body to replace Tanev. and Chris Bigras won't fill that need. Anywho I believe the Canucks have made their minds up and are not moving Tanev.  If they move up in the draft it may be a swap of 1st's and Virtanen, and that would have to be NJ or Philly. More NJ. Vancouver has very little currency right now, and are limited to the trades they can pull off. with the exception of a cap dump. Which could happen!

6 minutes ago, 12-16-FG said:

Different angle for sure but JB wants a 1st and a warm NHL body to replace Tanev. and Chris Bigras won't fill that need. Anywho I believe the Canucks have made their minds up and are not moving Tanev.  If they move up in the draft it may be a swap of 1st's and Virtanen, and that would have to be NJ or Philly. More NJ. Vancouver has very little currency right now, and are limited to the trades they can pull off. with the exception of a cap dump. Which could happen!

Bigras actually was viewed as a top 4 D man a couple years ago. Could definitely fill the void and gives us a promising young player to work with.

Except Benning said it would be impossible to move up the draft....let alone acquiring a top 5 pick without giving up the 5th overall.

Benning wants an NHL defenseman in return...I'm guessing a 22-23 years old defenseman with potential, which I doubt anyone would give up for Tanev.

I really like it as a basis for a trade but I think the canucks would have to add something significant. I value the 4th OA slightly more than Tanev and Bigras slightly more than a 4th round pick. Perhaps something along the lines of Tanev and Virtanen for the 4th and Bigras or maybe swap out Virtanen for Subban and the Columbus second. Colorado is also rebuilding so for them to give up the 4th OA I think they'll want some youth coming back

Archived