The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] CHI trades F Artemi Panarin, F Tyler Motte and a 2017 6th round pick to CBJ for F Brandon Saad, G Anton Forsberg and a 2018 5th round pick

• Adarsh Sant changed the title to [Trade] CHI trades F Artemi Panarin to CBJ for F Brandon Saad and other pieces including a goalie
2 minutes ago, KelownaCanucksFan said:

We had the Sedins and Luongo all future hall of famers too and couldn't win anything, what's your point?

As much as I love the twins and Luongo, I don't think they will make the HHOF. My point is the Blackhawks have won and proven they can win with their core. They have to be bold now considering those three guys are still in their prime. You honestly aren't comparing a bottom dwelling team like the Canucks to a perennial Stanley Cup Contender are you? 

• Adarsh Sant changed the title to [Trade] CHI trades F Artemi Panarin to CBJ for F Brandon Saad, Anton Forsberg and other pieces including a goalie
  • Adarsh Sant changed the title to [Trade] CHI trades F Artemi Panarin to CBJ for F Brandon Saad, G Anton Forsberg and other pieces
1 minute ago, HerrDrFunk said:

If McKenzie is reporting it, I guess it really is happening.

Wow!  Excellent trade for both teams.  The Hawks need playoff guys.  The Jackets need exciting guys to sell seats.  Works for both, I think.

• Adarsh Sant changed the title to [Trade] CHI trades F Artemi Panarin, Tyler Motte and a 2017 6th round pick to CBJ for F Brandon Saad, G Anton Forsberg and other pieces
  • Adarsh Sant changed the title to [Trade] CHI trades F Artemi Panarin, Tyler Motte and a 2017 6th round pick to CBJ for F Brandon Saad, G Anton Forsberg and a 2018 5th round pick

Chicago gets a younger (1 year), bigger player, who is faster (isn't he?), plays a fairly physical style and has good offensive ability (edge to Panarin), all for an extra two years ofn a $6 million cap hit.

Hawks win.

regards,  G.

Archived