The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] F Derek Stepan and G Antti Raanta to ARI for 7th overall pick and D Anthony Deangelo

3 minutes ago, billabong said:

Good on the yotes they have so many young players they don't need another one it would be redundant 

they've been rebuilding for years now it's time to build something with vets and Stepan and raanta are a good start 

Been saying for a while ARZ needs to start pushing for being competitive if not from a hockey perspective, a business/financial one. They've been rebuilding forever and have a bunch of young, good players on ELC's and bridge contracts. Now's the time to push for 'cheap' while they can.

4 minutes ago, J.R. said:

And people didn't think we could get 7th + prospect for Tanev....

I dont think they can that is the thing. If they could we would have made this deal imo.

Speaks to how overvalued Tanev is by CDCers. And this is not me saying he is a bad dman and is very valuable to Vancouver however to other teams, maybe not so much. 

Just now, Ronaldoescobar said:

I dont think they can that is the thing. If they could we would have made this deal imo.

Speaks to how overvalued Tanev is by CDCers. And this is not me saying he is a bad dman and is very valuable to Vancouver however to other teams, maybe not so much. 

Horse manure. Tanev is a solid, top 4 RH'd D on a decent contract. He's valuable to any team.

Arizona going for it. They've got centers in the pipeline, now they've got defence and another top guy. If Keller and Strome are NHL ready then watch out.

If I'm JB I'd go hard for one of them.

Tanev plus Baertschi for Keller. Draft Makar. Top center and top D man. Boom.

Just now, PhillipBlunt said:

Didn't Mcdavid, Gallagher, and Stone all extol Tanev's talent after the Worlds? 

RH'd #2, at worse #3 D who highly limits opposition chances and consistently moves pucks up to forwards on good cap hit is worth a crap ton in today's NHL. If he produced any offense too, he'd be a solid #1B and worth a small fortune.

Just now, DownUndaCanuck said:

Arizona going for it. They've got centers in the pipeline, now they've got defence and another top guy. If Keller and Strome are NHL ready then watch out.

If I'm JB I'd go hard for one of them.

Tanev plus Baertschi for Keller. Draft Makar. Top center and top D man. Boom.

NHL 18 BOOM!

Archived