The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] F Derek Stepan and G Antti Raanta to ARI for 7th overall pick and D Anthony Deangelo

1 minute ago, DoughtysCheck said:

Perlini-Dvorak-Vrbata

Domi-Stepan-Duclair

Strome-Keller-Reider

Crouse-Jooris-McGinn

Ekman Larsson- Hjarlmasson 

Goligoski-Michalek

Chychrun-Schenn

Raanta

Johnson

Their right side D is still weak.

Just now, Rick Blight said:

Would love to see that but I think the Rangers were clearing cap space to sign Shattenkirk.

Likely. If Glass is gone before 5, I wonder if NYR 7th might be who Benning could trade back to though...They also have 21st...

I don't see how this is a bad trade for either side. NYR gets some prospects and Arizona gets a potential starting goalie and a strong 2nd/potential 1st line center. Stephan is 27 and entering his prime.

There is a very strong likelihood that a majority of the top 10 players in this year's draft have the same potential as Stepan long term, so I don't see how this is an overpayment by the Coyotes at all. 

19 minutes ago, Warhippy said:

De"angelo the most maligned defensive prospect ever.  Poor guy, just throw ins for every trade he's been involved in.

Must see more, but Stepan AND Raanta getting a top flight D prospect AND the 7th overall...come on....

Where is JB on this.  Even I am asking about where he is when overpayments like this are being made

Unfortunately one wonders if all the rumors about him during his Jr. career/draft year were indeed true - attitude problems........? 

3 minutes ago, J.R. said:

Likely. If Glass is gone before 5, I wonder if NYR 7th might be who Benning could trade back to though...They also have 21st...

I could see Benning doing that if he has Pettersson in mind. Getting Pettersson and a 21st overall pick added without losing Tanev would be a pretty good day.

@J.R. 

On a serious note, you would think that Arizona is looking to move a C today, wouldn't you? Off the top of my head, they have Dvorak, Stepan, Strome, Keller, and Domi can play as well. I doubt Keller exceeds in a 3rd line role, and I think this is the year where Strome finally makes the roster.

21 minutes ago, stawns said:

What are you saying? You want JB to over pay or you want him to trade the #5 overall?

Stepan and a back up for the 7th OA and a near blue chip D prospect (no matter how maligned he is)

I am sure we have/had pieces comparable to that........

If I'm reading it right, NYR currently has 20M in cap space???  They have more than enough to bolster their roster still.  Maybe 7th OA for Tanev isn't outta the question?  Then they sign Shattenkirk, and still have cap left over.

10 minutes ago, Losing With Pride said:

Arizona is banking on it being a dud of a draft and not overly concerned about losing another top 10 pick.

its a shrewed move.  get a potential solid starter and a 2nd line c with playoff experience.  D'Angelo seemed like the cherry on top but i like what arz has done.  

Stepan

Ranta

Hjarlmasson 

that is some serious improvement on experience and potentially leadership in Stepan.

im surprised chicago moved out Hjarlmasson (can't spell his name lol)

saad returning is interesting. i wouldn't of done that deal as cjb but clearly they see it as a fit.

3 minutes ago, Fanuck said:

Unfortunately one wonders if all the rumors about him during his Jr. career/draft year were indeed true - attitude problems........? 

Yup, attitude was the big one a huge reason he fell ergardless of his skill set.

it doesn't take away from how skilled he is though

1 minute ago, Kaner said:

@J.R. 

On a serious note, you would think that Arizona is looking to move a C today, wouldn't you? Off the top of my head, they have Dvorak, Stepan, Strome, Keller, and Domi can play as well. I doubt Keller exceeds in a 3rd line role, and I think this is the year where Strome finally makes the roster.

Strome looks like odd man out IMO. Though, guys can also move to W.

i wonder if we might trade back to 7th and pickup their 21st overall too.  not sure if that's what a poster above ment.

we'd have to sweeten the pot but even a 2nd and prospect. (or 2 x 2nds) be nice.

Archived