The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Rate this topic

6 minutes ago, B53 said:

Some good Russian players from the Quebec league still left. I dont mind taking Russians who have chosen to come over to North American for junior

Ivan Chekhovich

Philipp Kurashev

Yaroslav Alexeyev

Pavel Koltygin

Maxim Mizyurin

Ivan Kosorenkov as well

4 minutes ago, B53 said:

You've never seen him play though

Didn't he play at the WJC this year? I think I watched a few Swedish games, and didn't notice him.

It's more of a bunt than a home run swing. that's really my only issue

Edited by Derp...

1 minute ago, SabreFan1 said:

Jason Botterill is preaching the same thing for the Sabres.  They want quality people for players.  It's one of the reasons why Evander Kane's number will most likely be up in Buffalo before the TDL rolls around.

Yeah...he really does belong in LA don't you think?

4 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

Likes to hit and punish opponents physically. Doesn't contribute much offensively.

Love it.    Need this.

I like picking someone who's a lot further along the development path as well in the later rounds, if he has a good year in Utica we might actually see this guy sooner than later. 

Edited by S'all Good Man
  • Upvote 1

Just now, S'all Good Man said:

I like picking someone who's a lot further along the development path as well, if he has a good year in Utica we might actually see this guy sooner than later. 

Yup, I don't mind overagers in later rounds, guys who can almost immediately impact Utica.

Always nice getting some looks at prospects right away playing pro.

• Upvote 1

I like picking someone who's a lot further along the development path as well, if he has a good year in Utica we might actually see this guy sooner than later. 

We have so many dmen in Utica though, some are gonna have to play ECHL. Already had to let Olson and Neill go. Hopefully he can stay in Sweden in the mens league and develope further there. Maybe he can get an assist next season

1 minute ago, diesel_3 said:

Yup, I don't mind overagers in later rounds, guys who can almost immediately impact Utica.

Always nice getting some looks at prospects right away playing pro.

with this pick and Chatfield Utica has a pretty decent upgrade to its D group already. Holm may be there as well at least to start the year. 

with this pick and Chatfield Utica has a pretty decent upgrade to its D group already. Holm may be there as well at least to start the year. 

Ya, I like having a full cupboard of all types of D.

Lots of moving and shaking in pro, so it will be interesting to see if any of the younger guys start in the ECHL.