The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Rate this topic

Aww, we were closing in on 500 pages in the other Draft Day thread. Oh well. Shouldn't it be DDT and not GDT? (Draft Day Thread)

Benning did mention interest in Vilardi as well, so I expect:

F - Vilardi or Glass

D - Makar

If they move down

F - Pettersson

D - Liljegren

Edited by NUCKER67

8 minutes ago, cripplereh said:

Linden for Prime Minister!!!

Saw Michael Che's standup comedy show last night at the Vogue. He was saying how Americans don't know anything about Canada and that "Prime Minister" sounds like some sort of religious transformer lol

22 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

Some of the top prospects for the 2017 NHL Entry Draft meet with the media in the Windy City a final time before they hope to hear their names called.

Who is the one on the far left from our viewpoint?  He looks built like Bo, a tank!

41 minutes ago, riffraff said:

You may all take the rest of the day off.

I'm off at 2 Fridays....have time to power through a bike ride after, then get home in time to have a nice cold beer and watch the draft.  This is "life is good" kinda stuff...sun is shining and there's great excitement about the future....

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I'm off at 2 Fridays....have time to power through a bike ride after, then get home in time to have a nice cold beer and watch the draft.  This is "life is good" kinda stuff...sun is shining and there's great excitement about the future....

Most excellent Deb!  A charmed life indeed!

sounds about right for what I'm about to do...a bit more work, quick cool off in the lake,  cold Howe sound brewery wobbly pop and hash out the draft with my CDC folk.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, debluvscanucks said:

I'm thinking of a way I can sneak out early today. Hmm, boss is leaving at 2:00. I don't "cough cough" feel very well. lol  

So excited for the draft, been a countdown for a few months. It really comes down to one pick for the Canucks tonight. Some are insistent on Vilardi or Glass, some are insistent on Makar or Heiskanen. Not everyone is going to be happy with the pick, but that happens with every team I'm sure. Whoever we get is another big piece of the puzzle.