The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Rate this topic

3 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

I'd do our 5th and 2nd rounder for both their 1sts. It would do wonders for our rebuild

Yes it would. Id be happy with that. I imagine Pettersson will still be available at 7 and lots of talent around 21. Maybe some good draft sliders. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, wren223 said:

Would you do it only once Benning is on the clock so we know exactly who is left or do it now?

I'd say on the clock. If Patrick's slips to 5, then there's no point in trading back. Got our franchise player other than Bo to replace Sedins when they say it's time

1 minute ago, Beary Sweet said:

I'd say on the clock. If Patrick's slips to 5, then there's no point in trading back. Got our franchise player other than Bo to replace Sedins when they say it's time

Hahaha that'd be awesome but I somehow I don't think that'll happen.

3 minutes ago, BobSedin said:

Yes it would. Id be happy with that. I imagine Pettersson will still be available at 7 and lots of talent around 21. Maybe some good draft sliders. 

Heck in my fantasy league I had the 22nd overall pick and Vesaleinen slipped right into my fingertips who was a top 10 lock until he was slumping but he played in a men's league. Good power forward and yeno them Finns. Always got a knack for producing top notch talent ala Laine, JP, Selanne, etc

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, NUCKER67 said:

^^ that's my concern with Mittelstadt as well, his commitment to playing with any NHL team willing to take him. To me, it seems he's perfectly content playing hockey, at any level, in MIN. That's what seems to make him happy. If the Canucks draft him, is he going to push himself to be the best? Or will he take some time to think about it.

He's onto my DND list, at least behind the other C candidates we have at #5.  Too many potential red flags waving.  Let someone else take him.

I'm watching tim and sid on snet and they were talking about Chicago and the cap with Kane and Toews etc. And they started talking about teams with future cap problems....

And there is a rumour going around that the mcdavid camp is asking for 14 million a season . ...

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

I'm watching tim and sid on snet and they were talking about Chicago and the cap with Kane and Toews etc. And they started talking about teams with future cap problems....

And there is a rumour going around that the mcdavid camp is asking for 14 million a season . ...

He should.  He saved that franchise....

25 minutes ago, Beary Sweet said:

Heck in my fantasy league I had the 22nd overall pick and Vesaleinen slipped right into my fingertips who was a top 10 lock until he was slumping but he played in a men's league. Good power forward and yeno them Finns. Always got a knack for producing top notch talent ala Laine, JP, Selanne, etc

Very good chance Vesaleinen is there at 21. Rankings are all over the place. Exciting draft for a "weak" draft. 

9 minutes ago, Screw said:

I have it on PVR. I will begin radio silence and go dark at 3:30pm. :ph34r:

haha, that's what I'm doing. Get out of work at 4:00, I don't want to hear anyone talk about it on the train going home either, so I'll be listening to some tunes.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Stelar said:

He should.  He saved that franchise....

I thought there was a limit on contracts? Or is that just term and no limit on value ?

You're right though , he did save them.

That type of cap hit would ruin the team, they would need to have a fire sale to get under the cap.

7 minutes ago, BobSedin said:

Very good chance Vesaleinen is there at 21. Rankings are all over the place. Exciting draft for a "weak" draft. 

Tired of them saying it's the weakest draft since 99 too

• Upvote 1