The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Rate this topic

1 minute ago, funkyfresh said:

Karlsson was picked 15th not late round. He was huge riser in his draft because when people saw him they saw his elite talent. Liljegren has done nothing but fall all season. Karlsson was 5' 11 and 165lbs when he was drafted and Liljegren is 6 feet 200lbs. There was a lot more room to grow, physically, for Karlsson. 

Similar in the sense that they were highly skilled swedish dmen that weren't drafted at the top of the draft for reasons.

Liljegren - Decision Making/Turnovers and Mono 17OA

Karlsson - Decision Making/Turnovers and Size 15OA

1 minute ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

One more decent defenceman gone.

Wonder where Oettinger will go. He looks like he's going to be the next big thing in net. Wouldn't mind snatching him up if he's still available, groom him for a bit and trade whoever's worse (Demko or Oettinger).

Wouldn't mind taking him 55th, though he'll probably be gone.

Just now, Eastsidenuck said:

I'm worried about this Petterson pick...should I be??? Feel like glass shoulda been the easy pick but someone put my mind at ease 

Essentially a high-risk high reward pick with Pettersson, he could end up being the next Backstrom/Datsyuk or just too skinny to ever make it in the NHL. Hopefully he's got the right attitude and will get plenty of mentoring from the Sedins so I'm sure his chances of being a full time NHLer are higher than they are low.

As for Glass, that's a pretty sturdy stable pick. You know you're getting a Bergeron/Scheiffele type player, not much chance he doesn't pan out there.

1 minute ago, Eastsidenuck said:

I'm worried about this Petterson pick...should I be??? Feel like glass shoulda been the easy pick but someone put my mind at ease 

I think that we should trust that Benning has actually seen this kid play, first hand, and interviewed him.

• Upvote 1