The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Rate this topic

10 minutes ago, Heretic said:

It just sucks - we were the 2nd worst team in the NHL last year, and we draft a kid that probably won't be playing for a few years...

That is actually not a bad thing. If he turns into a number one center then I will wait. We are in for a five year rebuild anyway. Glass will take a few years also.  That is why fans are upset with Benning. Fans are not realistic about how long it takes players to develop. Very few just walk straight in.

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, Heretic said:

It just sucks - we were the 2nd worst team in the NHL last year, and we draft a kid that probably won't be playing for a few years...

That's ok by me.  We're not going to be playoff bound until 20/21 imo

2 minutes ago, Mathew Barzal said:

Just got back from a Canucks draft party. It was just me and one other guy who stood up and cheered when Pettersson was picked. Everybody else was bewildered lmao.

I literally can not put into words how ecstatic I am.

Apt consolation for Nylander? ;)

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Mathew Barzal said:

Just got back from a Canucks draft party. It was just me and one other guy who stood up and cheered when Pettersson was picked. Everybody else was bewildered lmao.

same here and i would be cheering with you guys as well haha

I never researched this kid much before. He looks like he could be a winner. We have all complained that Benning did not go with skill. This time he did and now we are complaining.

This kid is pure skill. I am going to give Benning a vote of confidence.

Let's cross our fingers for tomorrow. 

Dahlen must be thrilled. 

7 minutes ago, Mathew Barzal said:

Right on bud. I woulda stood up and cheered with you.  Pettersson is the guy I wanted and was STOKED when I heard his name called.  I was expecting glass but VERY happy when I heard Pettersson.

• Upvote 2

Just now, appleboy said:

I never researched this kid much before. He looks like he could be a winner. We have all complained that Benning did not go with skill. This time he did and now we are complaining.

This kid is pure skill. I am going to give Benning a vote of confidence.

Let's cross our fingers for tomorrow. 

Dahlen must be thrilled. 

https://mobile.twitter.com/NucksWatch/status/872566235103461376/photo/1

Make sure yo grab a tissue before you watch.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, appleboy said:

That is actually not a bad thing. If he turns into a number one center then I will wait. We are in for a five year rebuild anyway. Glass will take a few years also.  That is why fans are upset with Benning. Fans are not realistic about how long it takes players to develop. Very few just walk straight in.

Utica should be a good team next season so he'll even get to develop in a winning environment, away from the Vancouver media.  Being bad next year isn't so bad as we'll draft a stud if we're in the top 4.  Right now we're just assembling pieces for the future and we gained a solid one today.

Just now, King Heffy said:

Utica should be a good team next season so he'll even get to develop in a winning environment, away from the Vancouver media.  Being bad next year isn't so bad as we'll draft a stud if we're in the top 4.  Right now we're just assembling pieces for the future and we gained a solid one today.

i dont think pettersson will play in utica next year, he may play in SHL on the wing next year

Just now, Sugar baby watermelon said:

i dont think pettersson will play in utica next year, he may play in SHL on the wing next year

He said in one of his interviews today he's looking to play in the SHL next season.

I expect he will make the jump to AHL in the 18-19 season,  then jump to the NHL for the 19-20 season.

• Upvote 1