The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Rate this topic

7 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

Here is NBC's coverage of the Canucks pick which feature a lot of the TSN brass. Much better and insightful than SN. First thing Millard from SN says when the Canucks made the pick was "165 pounds". Gee, thanks Darren:

Damn, that's way better coverage indeed. 

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

Here is NBC's coverage of the Canucks pick which feature a lot of the TSN brass. Much better and insightful than SN. First thing Millard from SN says when the Canucks made the pick was "165 pounds". Gee, thanks Darren:

Wow what a difference in coverage compared to what we saw with those sportsnet dolts.  I guess it could have been worse, they could have had Mark Spector doing the coverage.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

Thanks for sharing this.  Such a difference.  Miss Pierre even more now.

3 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Were you weighed against a top 10 of your peers and ablood thirsty fan base though?

I'm over it already and more thinking WTF did New York just do...dumped Stepan and DIDN't go after Vilardi???

In my draft+1 year the Canucks picked a player with essentially the same name as me (he was a Mc I'm a Mac), does that count? ^_^. My blood thirsty fans were a couple of guys on my intramural UBC ice hockey team who thought they were going to have to find another goalie next year.

My gut wanted Glass, but I can see the thinking behind this pick.  Glass may have the more appealing overall package but Pettersson may have more pure skill.  If projecting our future top 3 centres, Pettersson/Horvat/Gaudette seems more diverse than Glass/Horvat/Gaudette

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, I.Am.Ironman said:

I don't see why people are so upset with the Petersson pick. We need that consistent offensive/PP threat in the system. Glass would have been a good pick as well but there is nothing wrong with the Petersson selection. 

Some are disappointed that we didn't trade down? How much would the Knights really have offered to move up 1 spot? I don't think Petersson would have made it past the 6th or 7th pick anyway. Didn't Andersson go #7? EP would have been selected before (I think it was?) the coyotes selected him at 7. 

Many will come around to the pick tomorrow after sleeping it off. It is easy to become personally attached to preferred selections. Just remember we aren't the pros and they had access to WAAAYYY more information than we did. 

Welcome to Canuck Land EP!

yeah he was one of my 3 choices. I watched a video of him and he was able to handle the puck well. I really like the pick would of liked Glass I'm happy either way.