The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Rate this topic

1 hour ago, pluralsight said:

Here is NBC's coverage of the Canucks pick which feature a lot of the TSN brass. Much better and insightful than SN. First thing Millard from SN says when the Canucks made the pick was "165 pounds". Gee, thanks Darren:

Thanks for pointing this out. I was missing the enthusiasm of McGuire and Bobby Mac. These guys are very knowledgeable on the prospects in the draft whereas Sportsnet didn't seem to really know a whole lot about the players.

And the green room....I wonder if that was the NHL or if it was Sportsnet, either way it seemed like a fail when in a draft like this year it is impossible to predict the top 8 or so.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Please draft Nic Hague. It will be a steal if we get him at 33, I've seen mock drafts where he was supposed to go in the late 20's first round.

This draft is an A+ for me regardless of who else Benning takes if we snag Hague as welll.

• Upvote 1

Just read that there was a deal in place with Vegas. 5th for 6th and a 2nd rounder. McPhee pulled out last minute becuase he felt certain Glass would be there at 6. 

Someone spilled the beans, otherwise we would have had 3 2nds. Canuck luck strikes again?

22 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

Not sure if there's even a point of taking a defensemen other than Salo if he's available at 55. They all seem like they're going to be busts other than him and maybe Timmins.

I personally think there are too many red flags with Timmins. I really hope we don't grab him. 

Speaking of which. What if we grab Jesper Boqvist? That would complete Timra's top line of Dahlin - Petersson - Boqvist.

Me I would be happy in rounds 2 up to 4 if we get 2 of these players depending on trades and what Benning wants and other teams but two of these would be awesome

Hague   D
Timmons  D
Strome   LW
Lind     RW
Lukkonen   G
Petruzzelli G

I'm starting to really like Mismash the more I read about him. Looks like a player who can play all through the lineup and is a solid net front presence. 

He reminds me a bit of Boone Jenner the way he plays.

Not to mention, he may qualify for the all name team.

Edited by GarthButcher5

Conor Timmins

Promising defense prospect who seems cool and collected in most on-ice situations. Sees, thinks, and reacts at a high level with his passes and attack strategies. A smooth skater and puck-handler who is very smart with where he directs it. Has a great touch and leads his teammates to where his pass is going. Can make the hard-up-ice blueline break-in from the neutral zone, or with sweet saucer passes from both sides of his stick. 
--Bill Placzek

Date of Birth September 18, 1998
Height 6' 1
Weight 182
Country Canada
Position Defense
Shoots

Right

26 minutes ago, Seannnp said:

Just read that there was a deal in place with Vegas. 5th for 6th and a 2nd rounder. McPhee pulled out last minute becuase he felt certain Glass would be there at 6. 

Someone spilled the beans, otherwise we would have had 3 2nds. Canuck luck strikes again?

Apparently it was contingent on if Makar was still there at #5.

11 minutes ago, pluralsight said:

If Benning is going the BPA route for the 33rd pick, based on a number of rankings it looks like these 5 guys are the most popular in that range (and still available):

Kole Lind

Connor Timmins

Jason Robertson

Nicholas Hague

Maxime Comtois

I'm guessing that Colorado takes Hague.That still leaves some good choices. I also like Ratcliffe as a solid net-front/corner guy. We need guys like that too.